Radio mic bum pouches

Ynot

I'm looking around for some replacement transmitter pouches - like these or these from Amazon.

As I need to buy 14 of them, I'm looking for the best price - anyone seen anything similar for less than the £14 or so each here?

I too am definitely on the lookout for a cheap(er) source of these! Haven't found one yet though.

I currently use childrens' trainer socks with shoe laces threaded through, which makes a nice inexpensive solution that doesn't matter if they get lost. When I get them back with a load missing I often think it's a good job I'm not using the more expensive ones, but there again they might get better looked after if they're not obviously a sock and a bit of string!

Might be worth giving the guys at Theatre Sound Supplies a call. They don't show one on their website, but their business seems to be in finding the useful things that are hard for the likes of us to get hold of, and then buying in bulk and selling them on. I'm sure if there was enough demand they'd look in to pouches.

A yard/metre or 2 of plain cotton cloth, a few yards/metres of black or white tape, a sewing-machine & 20 minutes to spare (or a few cups of tea if you need to bribe someone to do it for you).

A yard/metre or 2 of plain cotton cloth, a few yards/metres of black or white tape, a sewing-machine & 20 minutes to spare (or a few cups of tea if you need to bribe someone to do it for you).

We've had for some years some home-made pouches made up in precisely that fashion, and for some uses, they'll still be a better bet (ie where we need the absolute minimum of material to show under tight costumes.

BUT even though these are put together by one of our wardrobe seamstresses, they don't tend to last too long especially when abused by regular dance schools and such like.

One of the panto groups we host has their own set of these lycra type pouches and they're far more robust and whereas the bag and tie pouches have a tendency to bounce around a lot under costumes, they keep the packs nice and snug.

Hence why we're on the lookout for something similar.

Don’t know how well they’d work, but how about the neoprene pouches used by runners to carry phones, mp3 players etc? Normally for arms, but maybe there’s a “bum version”?

Aliexpress do them for a couple of pounds.

Here’s a “waist version”: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Gym-Waist-Bag-Waterproof-Sport-Case-For-iPhone-6-6S-Plus-Samsung-Galaxy-Grand-Prime-J5/32615230071.html

Don't know how well they'd work, but how about the neoprene pouches used by runners to carry phones, mp3 players etc? Normally for arms, but maybe there's a "bum version"?

Aliexpress do them for a couple of pounds.

Here's a "waist version": http://www.aliexpres...2615230071.html

Hmmm...

Interesting, though those do look a bit bulky - however, I'll fire them a contact mail and see what else they might have.

Ta

Yep - Our costume lady knocked up about 20 like this in a couple of hours.

Without wishing to sound ungrateful for the suggestions of DIY bags, I need to stress that this is what we do at the moment - we have varying 'designs' that have been created over the years.

BUT what I'm looking for here is any commercially available lycra/neoprene/whatever options that - at a reasonable cost - can be bought in.

:)

Cheers

Without wishing to sound ungrateful for the suggestions of DIY bags, I need to stress that this is what we do at the moment - we have varying 'designs' that have been created over the years.

BUT what I'm looking for here is any commercially available lycra/neoprene/whatever options that - at a reasonable cost - can be bought in.

CPC also sell the imported Chinese ones under the Stageline brand at about 12.60 ex VAT. To be honest unless you can find them direct from china in Aliexpress or the like I doubt you are going to get them any cheaper.

The cheapest I found for anything from the UK was about £30 a holder from a company selling in to broadcast.

:)

Cheers

I've not seen one in person but I bookmarked This when looking for something similar a while ago. Not sure if they could be made to work, cut off reflective patched, cut slot/holes for mic cable and antenna.... Only £2 so could be worth a punt.

Archived