BlueClone - The Blue Room's Own Comms System

Brian

Unfortunately, changing the c22 for a 10nF one (same as c2) make no difference for me

10nF? Should be 10uF. You could try a 1uF which are already used as C17/C18 if you have some spare.

Damm! I readed wrong!

Sadly, the C17/C18 one didn't solve the issue neither

Edited by jmvbmw

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I'm not able to do any testing just now but if someone could try changing C22 from 100nF to either 1uF (or even 10uF) that might solve the "thump" problem.

Have you managed to do any testing to reduce the 'thump'? I have also tried changing C22 but with no help.

Would increasing R12/22 slow the charge rate of C22 slowing the time for TR2 to turn on?

Edited by skinda0

Unfortunately I'm not able to do any testing just now but if someone could try changing C22 from 100nF to either 1uF (or even 10uF) that might solve the "thump" problem.

Have you managed to do any testing to reduce the 'thump'? I have also tried changing C22 but with no help.

Would increasing R12/22 slow the charge rate of C22 slowing the time for TR2 to turn on?

I doubt that I will be able to do any testing for the foreseeable future.

The rate at which TR2 turns on needs to be slowed down significantly. That means changing C22 to a much larger value (try 10uF or even 47uF). Remember to observe the polarity if using an electrolytic or tantalum cap and the rating will need to be 40V. You could try changing R12 & R22 to 100k but that might mean that TR2 doesn't turn on fully.

My money is on making C22 as large as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt that I will be able to do any testing for the foreseeable future.

The rate at which TR2 turns on needs to be slowed down significantly. That means changing C22 to a much larger value (try 10uF or even 47uF). Remember to observe the polarity if using an electrolytic or tantalum cap and the rating will need to be 40V. You could try changing R12 & R22 to 100k but that might mean that TR2 doesn't turn on fully.

My money is on making C22 as large as possible.

I increased C22 to a 10uF 50V and it is much better. It doesn't click any more but more of a low end thump, but much lower in volume. 47uF may make it even more quiet but 10uF is good for me.

Thanks for the fix!

I increased C22 to a 10uF 50V and it is much better. It doesn't click any more but more of a low end thump, but much lower in volume. 47uF may make it even more quiet but 10uF is good for me.

Thanks for the fix!

Great. I'll try and change the schematic and parts list but I don't know when that will be.

Hello!

Regards!

http://www.jkaudio.com/downloads/user-guides/JK-Audio-Interloop-User-Guide.pdf

In your opinion, is this device compatible with our Blue-com's?

The XLR pin allocations match and the power requirements are within range, so it won't do any damage. We will be interested to hear if if works well.

My only query is that Pin 2 says it carries power and audio.

A standard Tecpro system has only power on that pin so the presence of audio and power on Pin 2 might indicate that it is RTS compatible and not Clear-Com/Tecpro/Stoneward/Metro/etc/etc

My only query is that Pin 2 says it carries power and audio.

A standard Tecpro system has only power on that pin so the presence of audio and power on Pin 2 might indicate that it is RTS compatible and not Clear-Com/Tecpro/Stoneward/Metro/etc/etc

It is clear in the guide previously posted that power+audio on pin 2 is optional. There is a selector switch to choose whether audio is on pin 2 or 3, making it both CC and RTS compatible. Be aware however, the "talk" button remains on the interface. You can listen up 40' away, but you must be at the pack to talk.

Mac

As usual, you are very kind guys!

I'm currently using this device connected to one of our Blue-com headset output, for a stage mobile wireless camera

http://www.jkaudio.com/images/BlueSet-lg.png

With this headset

tufftalk-orejeras.jpg

The performance is so so, because the range is very limited (15m theoretical). I suffer constant disconnections

I'm looking for an improvement.

The device commented earlier have 20m theoretical

The Altair device looks promising BTW with its 60 - 100m theoretical

I'm also have been watching this headset, which I think has dynamic mic

http://peltorcomms.3m.com/admin/picture/20121220101606.jpg

The opened mic switch is not a problem for us, because we use our comms in that way all the time.

Edited by jmvbmw

I wouldn't recommend anything less than 32 ohms. Lower impedances will work but will draw a significant current from the power supply and might destroy the protection resistors R16 & R20.

The standard headphones for comms systems are 400 ohms.

I wouldn't recommend anything less than 32 ohms. Lower impedances will work but will draw a significant current from the power supply and might destroy the protection resistors R16 & R20.

The standard headphones for comms systems are 400 ohms.

Ah right, I thought that would be the case. I am looking at building a little desktop base station with a speaker and built in mic. I wondered if the headphone amp would do to drive a little high impeadence speaker. Ill stick a little amplifier in there then to drive it.

Edited by skinda0