RGBWC LED COB

Don Allen

I bought six samples of a COB LED PAR 100W RGBAL 5in1 to try out. it comes with a 60 degree lens, looks like a PC lens, and I got the optional 24 degrees and 90 degrees lens. When I tried it out, the RGB was OK, but the last two colours were White and what I think is Cyan ! The letters on the COB are EVC R- G- B- W- C- and an unmarked corner which I assume is ++.

Has anyone come across this combination of RGBWC ? I will have to ask Edward to make a fixture file for my FLXS so I can see what it does.

COB LED PAR COB.jpg

Search Aliexpress for RGBWC COB and you will find plenty of examples, e.g.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004189042700.html

(although the LED die arrangement on that is interesting with the whites in the middle and the colours widely spread in a ring round the outside. Good luck getting a well mixed colour out of it.)

Edited by timsabre

9 hours ago, david.elsbury said:

America Online?

Yes .. sorry, bit of an old online joke. Members of AOL were somewhat prone to piling on to requests for stuff with "Me too, I'd like this", AOL became shorthand for "Me too".

Don't worry, it had been a long day, and I'm interested in the COBs too.

Edited by alistermorton

This is the original details supplied when I requested a small RGBW COB to use as footlights with no fans. This is the advert on http://www.huayinlight.com/index.php?  the Huayin Light web site offering 4in1. I was then offered RGBAL. It has promise but they lack QC.

I am waiting for their "engineer" to reply, them I will ask for RGBAL COB's if they exist and fit them myself.

HY-SP604.jpg

Square RGBAL offer.jpg

• Upvote 1