Moving Mirrors?

Bryson

4 hours ago, gareth said:

I try not to think about that! It might be almost three decades ago, but even now I can watch that DVD and not fail to be impressed by what Marc Brickman and his team achieved. 

I were there.  Getting stoned on passive smoke, and blown away by the gig.

I were there.  Getting stoned on passive smoke

Sorry about that.For me the most impressive floyd lighting effect was at docklands in 89. they had  some heads on a track so they could be moved,nothing unusual,until they fired up the second beam and these large black boxes looked like they were walking.Anyone remember the balsito girls at wembley in 86?

6 hours ago, Jivemaster said:

Moving mirrors always projected gobos at the pan angle whereas moving heads always project them right way up.

If there is a sudden need someone can make me an offer for some 575w wagly mirror doorstops I have!

Surely that’s not true for those mirrors with gobo indexing and rotation?

Moving mirrors are great for table spots in events venues as well - they are such a dream to program, as mirror pan and tilt directly corresponds to X-Y movement of the light, and you only need a hole the size of the mirror, so it can be really discreet. It is also a very different movement path than a moving head can make (ie you can do a constant speed V movement movement with a mirror, which you can't with a head)

1 hour ago, ImagineerTom said:

I can see these being very popular on ships where space constraints mean buckets are a less practical solution due to the amount of dead space they require around them.

Indeed, and the page for the High End specifically calls out "Themed Entertainment" - I guess there are a lot of theme park rides with Cybers built-into the set and a direct 1-for-1 replacement is required.

On 3/13/2022 at 9:37 AM, indyld said:

If scans are making a comeback, I can see me being tasked with reviving the 'heritage collection' of Trackspots at the back of the warehouse.

When Kanye played Glastonbury, I was hoping incandescent pars would come back into vogue and my Parcan Graveyard would get some work again. 

Alas no, scrapped the last of them a while back. 

On 3/13/2022 at 9:37 AM, indyld said:

If scans are making a comeback, I can see me being tasked with reviving the 'heritage collection' of Trackspots at the back of the warehouse.

So, stopping by for my weekly repairs session and what has been pulled out? Yup. (I think they'd been lent out over the weekend on a wedding freebie, but even so.) Apparently it took plenty of prep time just finding four that worked.

On 3/14/2022 at 6:54 PM, indyld said:

So, stopping by for my weekly repairs session and what has been pulled out? Yup. (I think they'd been lent out over the weekend on a wedding freebie, but even so.) Apparently it took plenty of prep time just finding four that worked.

Out of my 20, 16 are good, 3 are needing new gobo sensors, one is blowing fuses. Not bad for a light made in the last millenium... Still the best sound to light show I've ever seen (although some of Tim's Abstract gear comes a close second)

• Like 1