How Hot is your bedroom?

Lozza

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1x Window

But.... that'll let in ... sunlight?!

I don't have much in my bedroom. Just a digital piano. :unsure: And three computers which are on 24/7 in the other room of my flat (which I spend enough time at night sitting in it counts as my bedroom!) along with lots of fairy lights, and a BCF2000.

Hottest kit in my house.....probably in my music room.

The old yamaha amp running my studiospares NS10's runs pretty hot....along with the power supply for a cheapo behringer mixing desk...but definitely the computer wins. It's HUGE...a quad core computer with 4 GB RAM running 32bit XP (it would support 64bit but I have some programs which wouldn't cope!). We got the computer for free :) as my dad's company, who do intermolecular protein graphics modelling (or something like that), threw it out. A year ago. And gave it to us. Life complete! ~use it for video editing and DAW applications.

And it has the ability of making the whole room rise in temperature by 3 degrees C.

:o

Charlie

EDIT: Woah...

Keeping my room hot is:

• 2x Martin Roboscans
  • 2x Prosound SSC2's
  • 8x Par 56's
  • 1x Mojoscan 1
  • 1x LED PAR64 (well in this case cool not hot)
  • 1x Skytec Amp
  • 2x db Basic 100 Speakers
  • 2x Behringer Mixers
  • 1x Behringer Lighting Desk
  • 1x PC, 1x Laptop with 4 Monitors distributed between them

...Is that all yours? Or borrowed from school? Or yours for renting? Or yours for doing gigs? :o

Charlie

EDIT2: Confusion between 64 and 32

Either the laptop which when AutoCAD is doing 3D rendering gets rather toasty, or the Rotel amp which I do enjoy turning up rather loud (the b&w speakers can definitely cope with it!).

I'll vote again for the bedroom being 'me' space - all the LX gear is in massive crates and boxes outside my room :)

It's HUGE...a quad core 64-bit operating system running XP64-bit

a 64 bit OS running a 64 bit OS :-p? What 32 bit software dya have that doesn't like a 64 bit OS?

I'm also guessing it must have a nice gfx card too. If I sit and raytrace stuff on mine I can raise the temp of it by about 15C in not that long. Heats gotta disperse somewhere ;-)

edit: also just noticed you've edited your post!

OK, I can't resist...

There's nothing in the bedroom, however in our 'small 3 bedroom Terrece, there is as you walk in a 3m LX bar in the hall, a perch boom running up to the landing, a further truss beam inat the top of the landing and a hemp flown bar that comes into the stairwell from the landing ceiling. on thee there is generally 8 xCCT 650Fresnels, 6x Prelude 16/30, 2 Minin23's 4 to 8 Patt743, 2 CCT Starlettes, 8 Par64, a couple of Pat23's, scrollers ohh, and 5 birdies. That doesn't include the dimmers, two LX desks, boxes of TRS/DMX/XLR a smoke machine or the sound kit. I don't even want to mention the wife's costume collection and sewing machines. plus the workshop bench, errr. sorry kitchen table has some repair stuff out as well at the min.

The only vaguely technical thing in our bedroom now is a TV set. However, in the past (before I sold it when I bought digital mixers) my 32 channel Soundcraft analogue mixer (flightcased) used to live under the bed because it was the only place it would fit in the house that didn't involve an extra flight of stairs (and I deemed the garage to cold and damp for it).

Having said that MY bedroom has nothing technical in it, I should admit that one of our SPARE bedrooms functions as the control room for a 32 track home studio with a mixture of another bedroom, the family room etc. acting as the studio area, depending on the acoustic I want.

....and the garage has several cases of cables, snakes, mic stands, etc.

Bob

I would have to confess to as a student using my old trustix linux box (a linux distro for a)servers b) geeks ) as a heater in the dump of a student house I was in for my second year. More scarily and recently I had 2 cyberlights making the place untidy for ages - Agree to fix them for a client who then lost the contract to actually install the things (not my fault! some one else quoted even less than him). For those who don't know cyber lights are heavy (50kg ish) scanners which stand up to about my chest. Nice lights. It should be noted however that they didn't so much make the spare room "warm" as "intolerably hot", when fired up for testing.

All mine :) :o :o :P ;) Accumulated over the last 5-6 Years I've also got some other stuff that doesn't make my room hot as such but just Looks nice hanging there.

• 2x 2m Scaff Bars on the Roof
  • 3x T-Bars
  • 2x 4Ch Dimmers
  • 1x Sweetlight USB Dongle
  • 1x Mirrorball
  • 7x Big boxes of cables

Josh

My garage used to get far too cold for my most expensie gear, so last winter I was joined in my room by a GL2400, two outboard racks and my mackie SRM350's. I'd have liked to get the SA1521's up there, but it's a loft bedroom and it's bad enough getting the mixer up there! They'd really have heated the place up. I'm lucky that, being a loft, it takes up the footprint of the whole house, so I've space for my electronics workbench up there. At the minute I have 6 Sennheiser Mikroport radio mics sat on it.

Wish my girlfriend was more understanding when she comes round.....

So...

• 2x Martin Roboscans
  • 2x Prosound SSC2's
  • 8x Par 56's
  • 1x Mojoscan 1
  • 1x LED PAR64 (well in this case cool not hot)
  • 1x Skytec Amp
  • 2x db Basic 100 Speakers
  • 2x Behringer Mixers
  • 1x Behringer Lighting Desk
  • 1x PC, 1x Laptop with 4 Monitors distributed between them
  • 2x 2m Scaff Bars on the Roof
  • 3x T-Bars
  • 2x 4Ch Dimmers
  • 1x Sweetlight USB Dongle
  • 1x Mirrorball
  • 7x Big boxes of cables

~~If that was all in my bedroom; a)it would no longer have the 'bedroom' status, it would have the official status of 'warehouse' and b)I would have no money, an enraged mother and probably no friends :o

Now...I want 4 monitors :o

:)

Archived