How Hot is your bedroom?

Lozza

Ive got another mate, he has a 3 phase 32 amp supply fitted into his bedroom!!!??!

Blimey. I thought domestic installations were generally single phase. How did he manage that then?

Don't want to turn into another stupid child/slagging off thread, but Lozza. Unless your friend lived in a old factory that had been turned into a house, I doubt your friend had a 32a 3phase in his house, let a lone his room. Was he of a similar age to you (your profile says your 15)? Unfortunately kids invariably lie/say un-truthful things, just to look big.. :o he could have had a 13a to single phase 32a adaptor though!

Few years ago (when I was young :)) We had managed to blag some mac 250s for a school show, so the night before, I had 6 of the babies sitting on my bedroom floor prepping them (addressing, playing with the speed settings etc). More recently it was having a Pearl 2004 on my desk patching and recording groups nd the like ready for a big gig I was doing the next day.

Tom

Got a 100A three phase at home :o Unfortunately it goes straight into consumer units, didn't get the nice big 125A three phase ceeform I wanted :P ** laughs out loud ** but I did get 63A single phase ceeform ;) ** laughs out loud **

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not strictly my bedroom, just another bedroom in my house...

But I have got a server and associated kit running in a 19" rack (I think it about a 20U or somesuch. Only a diddy thing.). Plus another PC in there that I actually work on. Or play on.

Also got a model railway layout in there as well, and that's got a PC and some rather hefty PSUs to keep things warm.. :rolleyes:

Matt

Again, not in my bedroom, but in my lounge.

3 PCs, 1 laptop, 2 printers, various chargers, 1 Carver PM900 amp, 32" LCD HD TV.

The Comps, printers & chargers are on 24\7. Keeps the room at a nice 22 degrees

When the TV & amp go on it gets even warmer.

In my bedroom I currently have:

• 4x LED Pars on Floor stands

• 8x Birdies on a 2m piece of Deco truss

• 4 of the Ikea GU10 projector things (discussed in the Par can Gobo thread)

• Eltax 5.1 system coming off a Samsung amp

• A Samsung LCD TV

• A Samsung Laptop

• Rack with 12 Guitars, on top of a lovely Fender Twin

Spare Bedroom currently has, Flightcased:

• Leap frog 48

• Unique 2

• 17’ Monitor

• 20 LED Pars

• 2x full cable trunks

Jamie

One of my friends has a little private lighting hire buisness - and he has got a 3ph 63A supply in his garage and a 32a amp in his living room - which he then can run cables out through the patio doors etc.

Maybe that guy has got a 32a in his bedroom! Its a bit sad and he needs to get out more - but if you pay to have the supply and distro fitted, then why not ?!

I refuse to have anything related to work kept in my bedroom. - with the exception of some blue LED birdies whixch are permanent light feature fittings.

Got a 100A three phase at home...
Lots do now, it certainly isn't that unusual. I recently fitted a 32A three phase outlet in a friends garage to power a huge power hammer (he's a retired blacksmith) so the idea that someone has a large 3 phase outlet in their bedroom doesn't sound that unbelievable. Geeky yes but not unbelievable...

Oh and in my room I have a TV, laptop, mobile phone, alarm clock, lava lamp and an energy saving light bulb I bought seven years ago from IKEA that's still going strong. B-)

Maybe that guy has got a 32a in his bedroom! Its a bit sad and he needs to get out more...

I refuse to have anything related to work kept in my bedroom...

I agree - Have had a few hot things in the bedroom but none of them used electricity. ** laughs out loud **

Maybe that guy has got a 32a in his bedroom! Its a bit sad and he needs to get out more...

I refuse to have anything related to work kept in my bedroom...

Same, but the guest bedroom has currently got rather a lot of LX stock in it, but most people who know me are just as bad... so don't mind.

""I agree - Have had a few hot things in the bedroom but none of them used electricity""

Now I wonder what your refering to there!! Well, maybe static electricity was generated!! B-)

Ok so I have in my bedroom a bed! , desk with pc , 27" LED tele, PS 3, sky box, HD recorder, lava lamp x 3, fitted wardrobes and my fore-mentioned blue LED birdies for "room dressing"

The ps 3' s actually my partners. I wanted to get an Xbox caus I got a PS 2 and 3 in the front room, but he wanted to keep it all universal which I thinks a bit pointless. Anyway - all good fun

What I Have In My Room =]

• 48" Smartboard
  • Sony VPL CS7 Projector (Fitted to ceiling)
  • 2 x Mac 250's (orignal)
  • 1 x Mx 4 (soon to be two)
  • 4 x Par 56's
  • 1 x 4 Way DMX Dimmer
  • 2 x Uv Tubes
  • 1 x 2.8m Special Bar (Whole in the back of it, supposed to be stronger :S) [Fitted to wall]
  • 2 x 400w Prosound Speakers (hung from the ceiling)
  • 1 x Prosound Amp
  • 1 x Big Pc
  • 1 x Acer Laptop
  • 1 x Freeview
  • 1 x Budd Mini Fridge
  • 2 x Mojo Spin Masters 1
  • 1 x Mojo Scan 1
  • 1 x Colour Blaster
  • 1 x 40cm Mirror w/ Motor
  • 1 x Random Par 64
  • 1 x Numark Cd Mixer 1 w/ flightcase (soon to be an IDJ2 ;))
  • 1 x Behringer FBQ 6200
  • 2 x 500w Active Speakers (Shocking Speakers...but quite good at bass)
  • 1 x StageLine DMX200 Strobe
  • 1 x Jem Magnum 700
  • 1 x Soundlab Bubble Machine
  • 1 x Snow Machine (:oops: more like a foam machine)
  • 2 x Showtec RGB 575w Pars
  • Loads Of G Clamps/Safety Chains/Ropes
  • Boxes Full Of Cables
  • Hundreds Of Cd's then a few dvds
  • 1 x 80GB Ipod Classic ;)
  • 1 x 350GB External Hard Drive
  • 1 x Trussing/Goalpost Stand thingy (with 2 T-bars)
  • 2 x T-Bar Stands

Stuff which is borrowed but in my room...

• 2 x EV S200's
  • 1 x Hill Audio LC1200 Amp
  • Few DMX Cables

Ermmm and thats it I thinks....ooooo and one of the best two things in my room at the mo...

Britains Got Talent Live Tour Ticket

&

Scouting For Girls Ticket :P

Zak

What I Have In My Room =]

• 48" Smartboard
  • Sony VPL CS7 Projector (Fitted to ceiling)
  • 2 x Mac 250's (orignal)
  • 1 x Mx 4 (soon to be two)
  • 4 x Par 56's
  • 1 x 4 Way DMX Dimmer
  • 2 x Uv Tubes
  • 1 x 2.8m Special Bar (Whole in the back of it, supposed to be stronger :S) [Fitted to wall]
  • 2 x 400w Prosound Speakers (hung from the ceiling)
  • 1 x Prosound Amp
  • 1 x Big Pc
  • 1 x Acer Laptop
  • 1 x Freeview
  • 1 x Budd Mini Fridge
  • 2 x Mojo Spin Masters 1
  • 1 x Mojo Scan 1
  • 1 x Colour Blaster
  • 1 x 40cm Mirror w/ Motor
  • 1 x Random Par 64
  • 1 x Numark Cd Mixer 1 w/ flightcase (soon to be an IDJ2 ;))
  • 1 x Behringer FBQ 6200
  • 2 x 500w Active Speakers (Shocking Speakers...but quite good at bass)
  • 1 x StageLine DMX200 Strobe
  • 1 x Jem Magnum 700
  • 1 x Soundlab Bubble Machine
  • 1 x Snow Machine (:oops: more like a foam machine)
  • 2 x Showtec RGB 575w Pars
  • Loads Of G Clamps/Safety Chains/Ropes
  • Boxes Full Of Cables
  • Hundreds Of Cd's then a few dvds
  • 1 x 80GB Ipod Classic ;)
  • 1 x 350GB External Hard Drive
  • 1 x Trussing/Goalpost Stand thingy (with 2 T-bars)
  • 2 x T-Bar Stands

Stuff which is borrowed but in my room...

• 2 x EV S200's
  • 1 x Hill Audio LC1200 Amp
  • Few DMX Cables

Ermmm and thats it I thinks....ooooo and one of the best two things in my room at the mo...

Britains Got Talent Live Tour Ticket

&

Scouting For Girls Ticket :P

Zak

I'd like to see a picture of that.. How can you fit that much in a room?

** laughs out loud ** yeah it gets a bit hard at times when its all in there, ussaully end up leaving some in the hall way/lounge.

I'll try and get some pics tomorrow, when all of its back (picking it most of it up tomorrow ** laughs out loud **)

The other thing which is quite dodgey/wierd is that my bar is right above my bed...quite worrying when you think about it, a pair of macs/par's falling on me in my sleep ** laughs out loud ** but its all secure.

Zak

Archived