iomega 1terrabyte external hard drive

5 x GP64 Motorolla professional radio

2 x 4ch DMX dimmer

XLR/DMX leads

Mojo Spinmaster III

Alligator

200 odd CD/DVD cases

400W UV Canon

(needless to say my room is pretty much kitted out for video at the moment, it varies as to what project I'm working on...)

The rest of the house:

16ch (12/4) 30M multicore

2 x Mackie 450 speaker

1 x SM58

2 x C1000

1 x Sennheiser G1 radio mic

12 x Strand Quartet PC (500W/650W)

3 x further 4 ch DMX

4 x T-bar lighting stand

5 x mic stand

3 x speaker stand

gels, lighting & sound adapters

You get the idea!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only electrical appliance in my bedroom is a clock radio, so not very hot!

Workshop and garage have a good quantity of 16a and 32a ceeforms, some of which normally have something lighting related plugged in rather than the machines they were put there for. No 3 phase here though :unsure: Unless I want to pay £££££ to upgrade the transformer and rewire half the village.

Loads of potential heat generation in the loft, but the single 13a socket up there won't run much of it!

As there have been a fast amount of people giving lists of stuff they have in their 'bedrooms' (don't know whether I can call then proper bedrooms when the main feature of the room isn't the bed!), I'd be interested to know how much of the kit which has been stated, is actually used regularly, in some form of heat generation mode, or whether it just sits in a dust gathering state instead.

And where on earth does the money come from?! A lot of the posters are only in their teens, but still have an awful lot of kit, and not just cheap stuff like LED cans! Dunno whether it's just 'cos I'm stingy and just save up money in ISAs rather than spend it on kit! Was a struggle to force about £750 from me a few months ago for a up to date desktop computer as my laptop was getting so slow.

edit: removed duplicated word 8-)

And where on earth does the money come from?! A lot of the posters are only in their teens, but still have an awful lot of kit, and not just cheap stuff like LED cans!

I'm sadly no longer in my teens (mid-20s!) however back in late-ish teens I had 4 fresnels and a Strand GSX... both of which were donated to me by someone that no longer had any use for them (still use the GSX to this day!)

Suppose the advantage (from a financial point of view) of being in your teens is you probably aren't paying for accommodation (and all that goes with it - utilities, council tax etc) and you're not to worried about investments for the future ... so if LX/Sound kit's your thing you can spend whatever you can earn on it ... although even then, these teens must be earning about as much as me! :unsure:

I'd be interested to know how much of the kit which has been stated, is actually used regularly, in some form of heat generation mode, or whether it just sits in a dust gathering state instead.

My bedroom is a storage area for quite a lot of my stuff, due to there being not much room in the rest of the house for it... but I use it at gigs and in productions on a surprisingly regular basis - sometimes on a daily basis in different locations. To the extent I dont use it at all at home, except maybe now and then to check the odd lead is working or that a bulb hasn't blown due to a quick de-rig.

And where on earth does the money come from?!

Quite a lot of it's on loan/hire, but some has been bought from doing events, gaining money, and buying more equipment! Not as much as I'd like to have at the moment though...

Used to have a fair bit of gear in my room, but mainly computer/networking related gear...rack, computers, switches etc. Then went and built myself a nice decent workshop/shed which has pretty much all my stuff in it now. Fairly plain and simple in terms of bedroom now - computer, monitors, iMac lying about, network switch, laptop, lava lamp etc. Also have a random TAS MiniScan which I'm repairing for someone (what a horrible task that is...)

Another prominent feature of my room is my toolbox. Big bright yellow toolbox which I won't store anywhere else. Brother likes taking stuff y'see.

So not very hot overall!

I've been hesitating posting on here, due to its 'look what I've got!' attitude.

but here goes;

Dell laptop

Packard bell desktop

MUSIC;

acoustic guitar (strings can get pretty hot with my playing :unsure:)

electric guitar

bass

electric drum set

bass head, guitar amp

2x JBS 2way 12"

2x gemini 3way 15"

not used anymore, only for tables.

2x HK premium pr:o 12's

2x classD 15" bass speakers

all amps for all speakers

A&H ML3000

16ch desk (don't know the make)

2x behringer eq's

numark CD player

sennheiser EW 135

Tamp 2400

24/6 30m multi

various cables, lots of them.

stairville 250H

stairville 575

4 par 56's with 4ch dimmer

jester 24/48

various other LX in a f/c. (my friends equipment, that I end up storing.)

various other things that need fixing/making.

my room is basically just storage, makes me wish my room was downstairs.

I use stuff when I feel like it. at the mo I only have audio set up.

adding little bits every christmas/birthday.

and ofcorse saving all the allowance money up :D

Yeah, a whole lot of people are just using this as a "look what I keep in my room" thread. The OP says:

"the question is how hot is your bedroom?, in other words, what equipment do you have which can fri you eggs."

All I have is my home-built pc. There are 4 components inside which average temps of between 60-80* degrees (CPU, northbridge, southbridge, GPU). Keeps my feet pretty toasty if not the whole room! The PSU and 5 hard drives all maintain a healthy 35* as well. With the window closed and an hour of heavy load the room temp goes up from around 20 to 23*. Then I open the window :P

So to properly answer the OP's question, I could fry an egg on my CPU but it might not last very long :(

At the end of the day anyone having enough non-LED or flouro LX kit to heat the room significantly must be paying some nasty leccy bills.

A&H ML3000

adding little bits every christmas/birthday.

and ofcorse saving all the allowance money up :)

You got an ML3000 for your birthday?

Could you not think of something more exciting to buy with the equivalent money?!

Archived