How Hot is your bedroom?

Lozza

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got 3 parcans, a 2K fresnel, some acclaim floods, a martin mania scx 500 scanner, draws full of gel, tape and other bits and bobs.

I also have a keyboard, and 2 apple macs, one pc. At the moment, Im busting out the seams. Only last night, I tried to make my way across my room in the dark, and managed to trip over on the smoke machine and kick the fresnel. I really need to buy a shed.

Im only 18 and I really don't want to get any older, as Im scared Im going to collect more kit and need a warehouse.

Ive got another mate, he has a 3 phase 32 amp supply fitted into his bedroom!!!??!

Blimey. I thought domestic installations were generally single phase. How did he manage that then?

Don't want to turn into another stupid child/slagging off thread, but Lozza. Unless your friend lived in a old factory that had been turned into a house, I doubt your friend had a 32a 3phase in his house, let a lone his room. Was he of a similar age to you (your profile says your 15)? Unfortunately kids invariably lie/say un-truthful things, just to look big.. :angry: he could have had a 13a to single phase 32a adaptor though!

Few years ago (when I was young :o) We had managed to blag some mac 250s for a school show, so the night before, I had 6 of the babies sitting on my bedroom floor prepping them (addressing, playing with the speed settings etc). More recently it was having a Pearl 2004 on my desk patching and recording groups nd the like ready for a big gig I was doing the next day.

Tom

I've seen houses with three phase supplies. If you request one from the electric company I imagine they would supply it for a new build, especially if it's a big house. I have a friend with a 6 bedroom country house which is pretty darned big with a three phase supply. I don't really see why electricity companies wouldn't want to fit one, the customer would pay and, with three phases, would probably use more kWh.

Never know, I might be totally wrong...

I seem to remember back when we had the christmas lights video last year people talking about them getting their incoming power supply upgraded so as long as you give the electric company enough money I see no reason why they should refuse.

No mate, hes 30.... 4 or 5 years old.

His dad has a small show room and a workshop on his massive house, usually used for stock of lx kit. Did I mention he worked for a rental company in his early days, il ask him which. and yes, its 3 phase, nice for big dimmers.. wouldnt you say.

no converters involved. theres a feed taken off of the main feed which is on the good old 415.

cheers for checking.

Ok fair enough. Just sounded a bit like a kid trying to look bit sort of story! Sounds like you can have 3 phase in your house after all :o I want it now :angry: hehe!

Anyone else got a hot bedroom. Or cool, if its got LED kit :)

Tom

that's nothing, My house (or more accurately, my barn) has a 3 phase supply, for the many industrial pumps and heaters for greenhouses (which sadly no longer exist). then my house has a seperate single phase supply (which is probabley just one of the phases from the 3 phase supply tapped off in the road)

but anyway, in my bedroom, just my little mixing desk and a couple of random mics at the moment. oh, and half a doxen cheap B&Q 500w floods

I mentioned my bedroom before, but I also have a transportable room with its own 3ph supply.

And yes, its 3ph, 32a. with a massive desk with a 20a power strip running down the middle.

Got 4 PC's, 150w of sound, and any random gear that comes through. (Currently a bose 802 and DMX desk)

I mentioned my bedroom before, but I also have a transportable room with its own 3ph supply.

And yes, its 3ph, 32a. with a massive desk with a 20a power strip running down the middle.

Got 4 PC's, 150w of sound, and any random gear that comes through. (Currently a bose 802 and DMX desk)

um..... is your transportable room what we brits call a caravan?

Archived