How Hot is your bedroom?

Lozza

I think you all need to get out more... :o

Here Here!

The sum total technology in my bedroom is a clock radio and a mobile 'phone charger!

The spare room on the other hand...

EDIT - I wouldn't even have the clock radio if I had my way, it only makes a noise and wakes me up far too damn early...

Jim

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mentioned my bedroom before, but I also have a transportable room with its own 3ph supply.

And yes, its 3ph, 32a. with a massive desk with a 20a power strip running down the middle.

Got 4 PC's, 150w of sound, and any random gear that comes through. (Currently a bose 802 and DMX desk)

um..... is your transportable room what we brits call a caravan?

Negative.

It is a room that is built on a square of girder, ie. its a room that has its foundations sitting on, rather than burried under the ground.

It is transported on a tilt-tray truck, its usually used for temperary offices, like mining sites. but its cheaper than going and building a new room that your may want to get rid of.

The word "Caravan" is used for caravans here aswell :o

Okay... now my bedrooms hot

my martin smoke machine just arrived, and yes, christmas has come early for me.

its a cheap (but not too cheap) and cheerful magnum 550

bad heat up time but long op time.. good output

get back to the topic - yes, we all want one of the portable tin rooms.. but I wanna find out more about what guys have got giving off the heat!

cheers :o

A pair of MiniMAC Profiles and a laptop. The Macs are in many many pieces so they don’t give off much heat at the moment but the laptop keeps the room warm on its own (I think there’s something wrong with it!).

Back at my other house however, when I'm making new sequences it gets very hot. That’s with 2 Colourscans, 2 NJD IQ 250's, 2 Martin Destroyers, an Acrobat, a 1500w strobe, Jem ZR12 and the laptop.

Hmm, I'm in cinema, not theatre but I think I can 'compete' in this case..

In the bedroom (well in the wardobe):

1X dolby CP45 cinema sound processor

8mm & 16mm projectors

In the 'spare' bedroom:

Electric 35mm rewinder bench

35mm portable projector with 500watt xenon lamp

35mm Vanguard 'motion analyzer' with 500w halogen lamp

LOTS of films trailers, spools etc - no bed of course!

In the hallway:

More spools of 35mm film + another 35mm projector with 1.6kw xenon lamp

In the lounge:

Temp storage of just about everything else cinema related, screens, amps, radio-mics, mixers, illuminated poster frames.

Yes, we do actually live in this house as well as use it for storage! Can't understand why on earth my wife would be objecting to a pinball machine in the lounge as well though..

Mind you, most of the above stuff is not actually powered up most of the time although we have had the occasional 35mm film screenings in the lounge.

• 1 year later...

Sorry about the Necromancy but had to post this one.

Keeping my room hot is:

• 2x Martin Roboscans
  • 2x Prosound SSC2's
  • 8x Par 56's
  • 1x Mojoscan 1
  • 1x LED PAR64 (well in this case cool not hot)
  • 1x Skytec Amp
  • 2x db Basic 100 Speakers
  • 2x Behringer Mixers
  • 1x Behringer Lighting Desk
  • 1x PC, 1x Laptop with 4 Monitors distributed between them

And Cool:

Wait for it.

1x Window

Josh

^ Bl**dy hell!

I don't have much in the way of 'pro lighting', but I have the usual PC, with a 22" LCD monitor! I have a home cinema system with a 27" LCD screen (although that isn't that big, but in my small room it really does), 5.1 Surround Sound, Freeview and a VHS player :blink:. So yeah I like my movies and TV :unsure:

I do have some sound equipment though, I have a small DJ sort of deck, which has two CD's and puts out 100W per channel and that is loud, when it is in a small enviroment! I also got an old silver Flight Case today off a mate, which is great for when I go and run sound and lighting for friends etc. :huh:

Archived