Live8 - Technical

I didn't say unreasonable, if you were referring to my post, I said uncontrollable, earlier someone chucked his handheld rad up in the air, I don't think he caught it either, but I'm definitely impressed. ]

Chris

** laughs out loud **! Sorry Chris, I was more addressing a common veiwpoint that artists tend to be somewhat unreasonable in the quantity and nature of their technical requests, some of which will have more than likely created the feedback situations I was commenting on earlier.

here endeth my rants... :huh:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will there be a cd / dvd? EMI have released sgt peppers live edition in 3 hours of it played.

I believe EMI paid around £2 million for exclusive DVD rights...and on the subject of EMI releasing Sgt. Pepper - it's been released on iTunes...not quite sure what Paul McCartney would make of that (none of the Beatles' back catalogue is on iTunes, because of legal action between Apple Records and Apple Comp...)

45 minutes... bloddy hell!

Does anyone have any more information on this revolving stage concept I read about in the Metro? Apparently, like the original Live8, there is a revolving stage so that the current band can play while the last pack up and the next band set up. I saw no completely revolving stage on the telly, although on some quick top-shots of the stage I saw a large circle on the floor that perhaps revolves...? Any more knowledge on this?

The lighting was good, although I agree that it was not so effective in the day time.

Oh how I would have loved to have been one of those 2000 roadies!

I bet the monitor engineer was real happy with Peter Kay shoving his mike into the monitors getting feedback for a gag...

Surprised the crew haven't tw@**ed him getting in the way of soundchecks etc - glad the Beeb cut away

Loving the video images of various world leaders in the background to The Who's "Who are you?" Very apt

Loving The Who

Loving the mix (am playing it at PA volume here and it fappin' ROCKS!!)

Live8 Engineers, I take it all back!

Thought the amount of feedback I was hearing throughout some of the acts was inexcusable,

Loving the video images of various world leaders in the background to The Who's "Who are you?"  Very apt

Loving The Who

Loving the mix (am playing it at PA volume here and it fappin' ROCKS!!)

Live8 Engineers, I take it all back!

Now that was a quick change of opinion, :huh:

What were the round barrel-like things on the front of the stage in Philly? there were 2 / 3 of them.

Edit: also, what's the big display over the stage that displays text? Its huge and bright, I'm thinking a custom LED (cos isn't it hard to get a nice white out of an RGB mix?)

What were the round barrel-like things on the front of the stage in Philly? there were 2 / 3 of them.

From what I saw during the Black-Eyed-Peas act earlier today, they are fans. Having not seen them in action, I'm not sure if they were for cooling or an effect...

I bet the monitor engineer was real happy with Peter Kay shoving his mike into the monitors getting feedback for a gag...

Surprised the crew haven't tw@**ed him getting in the way of soundchecks etc - glad the Beeb cut away

It did look asthough a few choice words were being exchanged at one point!!! And when the BBC cut back it looked asthough he was coming back onstage, so maybe they chucked him off temporarily....

Archived