Coronavirus

kerry davies

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing that there will be HUGE numbers fighting over holidays in August to make up for those missed during this crisis...

What makes you think we won't still be in lockdown in August?

Who knows..... (I certainly don't)

And rather weirdly all the help listed so far is contingent on being a business with dedicated (and substantial) physical business premises that are exclusively used by you. So most industry creatives (who tend to operate out of shared studios or “maker spaces”) don’t qualify, running a home business doesn’t qualify.... there’s still a lot of gaps in this plan

Sainsburies have an advert locally for delivery staff, Morrisons have had ads on national radio for delivery staff. Ideal for anyone with 7.5t driving licenses. Very likely to be temp and casual but immediate start so could well suit someone who has had their work vanish.

We use an independent freight contractor (small business - three trucks and four or five staff) for all our orchestral freight, as do the other major orchestras in the city. He’s just lost the next three months’ work but I think he’ll be able to weather the storm by doing just this. Once we get up and running again he will just transition back. At least I hope that’s what happens as he’s integral to our operation.

Well lockdown it is then. The Royal Welsh show at the end of July is cancelled so it does indeed look like August at the earliest. We have a huge ditch outside the front doors of half the flats in the block as they dig up the footpath and parking bays. I hope they come to work tomorrow but even if they do I doubt the tarmac lads will turn up on schedule.

Latest news. We have been barricaded in at the front of our flats for 5 days now after the council pulled the job.

More useful is that the PSA is collecting data for the EIF to take into talks with government. Take just three minutes to tick some boxes on THIS SURVEY. It is strictly anonymous and only 8 boxes to tick though comment is welcomed. Please do it ASAP if you are going to do it.

My mum came out of hospital after having a lung infection - she's back in again, and they discovered she's luckily not got the virus - just the same lung infection. The only downside is I cannot visit - the hospital is coded green and yellow. New ambulance car park and a new A&E ward - turn right for green A&E - not corona suspected, and left to yellow for got it, or unknown. They're coping at the moment pretty well.

I think surveys like the one Kerry linked to could be very useful for collecting data, because loads of decisions we are having made are based on quite limited data, so the more that is collated the better.

My mum came out of hospital after having a lung infection - she's back in again, and they discovered she's luckily not got the virus - just the same lung infection. The only downside is I cannot visit - the hospital is coded green and yellow. New ambulance car park and a new A&E ward - turn right for green A&E - not corona suspected, and left to yellow for got it, or unknown. They're coping at the moment pretty well.

I think surveys like the one Kerry linked to could be very useful for collecting data, because loads of decisions we are having made are based on quite limited data, so the more that is collated the better.

Best wishes Paul. Lot of pressure at the moment.