IWB socket change

chuffer

Firstly you'll ideally need to identify the manufacturer of the bar. You could always put a picture of the outlet on here in case someone recognises it if you are struggling.

Then the likes of Stage Electrics/WhiteLight etc should be able to source replacements and advise if it's possible to upgrade to 16a from 15a.

23 hours ago, chuffer said:

Hi, any suggestions for a 16a socket outlet to fit into an internally wired bar which currently uses 15a outlets?

Thanks,

John

I have done this, the original sockets are grey moulded backboxesimage.png.6065d1568ee06037032e3a1d1fb86267.pngimage.png.51689eb54b26cb564d9ca00cef14190d.pngwith a self tapping screw in each corner.

I purchased this style of socket313-6F9 - 16A, 230V, Panel Mount CEE Socket, 2P+E, Blue, IP44but in grey with a bigger flange, in my case the fixing hole needed to be filed towards the corners about 2mm. I kept the original front plate (without the socket) to act as a spacer.

Sorry no pics of finished item.

What type of sockets and backboxes do you currently have? If standard single gang domestic size, I have seen sockets which will fit directly.

A colleague has suggested a surface mounted socket and a couple of U bolts

image.png.bae86e4ea898728881d045ad9f775efb.png

Not sure about stability or distortion of plastic, perhaps a 3D printed block to fit between bar and enclosure or even better how about 3d printing the enclosure shaped to fit bar.

The other suggestion (which I abhor but does seem popular) use couplers on tail from a gland in the existing enclosure and even link from the 15A socket, that gives both options.

12m Internally Wired Lighting Bar Standard 16 SocketRoughly my previous post except I found sockets with a bigger flange.

Edited by sunray

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your responses and sorry for the delay in replying. I suspect Robolights have the very solution that looks like it will fit the bars we have. I have yet to find out who the manufacturer was but will try again.

13 hours ago, chuffer said:

Thank you all for your responses and sorry for the delay in replying. I suspect Robolights have the very solution that looks like it will fit the bars we have. I have yet to find out who the manufacturer was but will try again.

Robolights are the manufacturer I believe - their moulded system was also used by MTX for their IWB's - if memory serves Doughty also used the system. MTX will deal with you direct - it used to be the case that Doughty would only supply via one of their dealer network.

• Like 1