Desk for lighting and sound control position

mrtc

Adjustable height is an interesting one. I've been speccing adjustable height in a different context - lecterns at the front of lecture theatres in a University - it's now part of our standard spec.  The initial requirement was a DDA one, being able to drop the height of a desk to let someone in a wheelchair use it effectively. But we've had equally positive feedback from people who are not tall, and from people doing longer classes who would quite like to sit down! Equally, very tall people like being able to raise their desk up.

Most of the usual suspects in the "lecture theatre furniture" market - people like Top-tec, JM etc - have standard products which incorporate a 19" rack in the bottom section, and a motorised top section that can rise and fall.

Something like https://jm-avfurniture.co.uk/product/dda-pa-32/ although there are lots of options.

10 hours ago, bruce said:

Adjustable height is an interesting one. I've been speccing adjustable height in a different context - lecterns at the front of lecture theatres

Ohhh...  I'm looking for similar, but perhaps not quite like that.  I need to get a wheelchair up to it.

3 hours ago, Andrew C said:

Ohhh...  I'm looking for similar, but perhaps not quite like that.  I need to get a wheelchair up to it.

Stannah and P-Lift do all sorts of wheelchair lifts but try looking to adapt a hydraulic or electric motorcycle lift which is a fraction of the costs. You could always rip one off the back of a council mini-bus. (Only semi-serious suggestion.)

Edited by kerry davies

1 hour ago, kerry davies said:

Stannah and P-Lift do all sorts of wheelchair lifts but try looking to adapt a hydraulic or electric motorcycle lift which is a fraction of the costs. You could always rip one off the back of a council mini-bus. (Only semi-serious suggestion.)

That's not as silly as it sounds, contact the local councils, ambulances etc who use them. It's surprising how many get removed for a ghange of use of the vehicle.

We were donated a mobile sight testing vehicle which started it's life as an ambulance, the bolt holes and electrics were much in evidence.