Old cast-base lighting stands wanted

gareth

A project I'm working on in the autumn is going to need half a dozen of the old Rank/SeeCol type cat-base 4'6" lighting stands. See pic :

https://photos.app.g...Xvh7DzyWzseEHS9

Does anyone have any of these kicking around in a dark, dusty corner of your venue? Lurking in the back of a warehouse somewhere, unloved and unwanted? Could we perhaps borrow them?! Thanks!

Don't forget you'll also need the correct spigot adaptors to mount lanterns on them. The one shown is the Ref 626 - beware there was a 'junior' version Ref 627 which was only approved for use with the 23,45,123, 137 and 60 as I recall. If the sliding collar has gone missing they might not be fully reliable in extension. Edited by Junior8

Yes. I just found one stashed behind our container. Couldn’t get at it due to all the other stuff in the way so I can’t comment on its condition. Unfortunately I’m not at work for the next two weeks. When do you want it? If it was sooner I could maybe ask someone to dig it out.

We are in London, N1

T

Don't forget you'll also need the correct spigot adaptors to mount lanterns on them. The one shown is the Ref 626 - beware there was a 'junior' version Ref 627 which was only approved for use with the 23,45,123, 137 and 60 as I recall. If the sliding collar has gone missing they might not be fully reliable in extension.

Thanks, but I'm (sadly) old enough to have been working in theatre when these stands were still in everyday use, so I know how they work.

Yes. I just found one stashed behind our container. Couldn't get at it due to all the other stuff in the way so I can't comment on its condition. Unfortunately I'm not at work for the next two weeks. When do you want it? If it was sooner I could maybe ask someone to dig it out.

We are in London, N1

Not needed until mid-September. I think I might've found someone in mid-Wales (easier for us) who has a stash of these - but if that doesn't come off then I might well be in touch!

we have one but it's going to be used in a show in September - after that it might be available for loan.

The second half of September is when it would be needed, so thanks but that wouldn't work for us.

We might have one or two in Oxfordshire (near Abingdon). When do you need them by and would you be able to collect? If yes I can try and find out more.

See above - mid-September to late October. If the lead I'm following up at the moment doesn't bear fruit, I may well be in touch.

Thanks to everyone for your responses - I think I'm now sorted thanks to a local opera company having some in their shed!

I can't get my hands on them for a couple of weeks, though, so could one of you who's said you've got some of these stands do me a quick favour, please? Can you measure the diameter of the holes in the ends of the legs? I'm hoping they're going to be able to take an M10 bolt...

I've not got access to one to check, but I have a feeling the holes have clearance for 3/8 Whitworth, so M10 might (or might not) fit, depending on tolerances... It may be possible to tap them out, but bring cast you run the risk of cracking the base.