MultiPlay - New Version In Development

David Duffy

In XP I could drag and drop files into the playlist. I'd like to see that ability return.

I've not had sound quality issues with MP3, but I've had to convert a number of MP3s (using the file converter in Reaper) to get them to play.

We are stuck on Vista, as our system processor software (Rane Dragnet) won't run on 7 or above.

• 3 weeks later...

A question for those interested in OSC cues. Would it be useful if I made it so an OSC cue could have a list of OSC messages instead of just one? They would share a common host, but the address and parameters could be individual per line. This would make it the same as the MIDI cue.

I know this is a while agol now and you've probably implemented this but this is one of the ways I use OSC messages to control my Behringer X32 mutes on SCS. I have a cue related to the start of a song which contains Unmute messages for all of the mic channels I need to use for that song and then another Cue related to the end of the song that I trigger once everyone involved doesn't need mic anymore and that Mutes all channels involved.

Just paid for another 30 days of SCS before finding this thread but will be keeping an eye on this software for the next project!

ThanksDave

First of all, WOW!

I've been reading this thread with much interest. You're a clever person.

I've only ever used Linux Show Player before as I was running Ubuntu Studio, having not got a mac for QLab etc. I've not heard of MultiPlay before, so I'm massively excited to see this (I use MS Windows too).

I'm definitely going to send a donation and will certainly be using v3 when you release it.

Off to watch the YouTube videos and I'll probably sign up to your forum too.

Thank you very much for all your hardwork into the current version and the previous ones.

So I'm volunteering as sound guy for our local childrens theatre. I used MP for the last show and it was great. What I'm trying to figure out how to do is get MP to mute and unmute our microphones. We have 16 wireless headsets and a allen & heath GL2200 anolog board. What do I need to add or replace to be able to automate the microphones?

What I'm trying to figure out how to do is get MP to mute and unmute our microphones. We have 16 wireless headsets and a allen & heath GL2200 anolog board. What do I need to add or replace to be able to automate the microphones?

Are you playing music tracks off MP & just looking for a way to unmute selected mics when you hit "Go" & mute them again when you hit "Stop", or hoping to use MP cues for all your mutes & unmutes? Either way it looks like you need some form of digitally-controlled 16-way switch between your mics & the GL2200, unless the GL2200 has enough mute groups for your needs.

Edited by sandall

Another way is maybe a MIDI controlled set of relays that can interrupt the signal at the insert points on the desk ?

Like this sort of thing here

I have used a similar unit to both operate the board mutes directly and to switch radio mics ( at both mic and line level) when short of inputs. It was easy to program using the midi mutes facility in Multiplay. No problems were found with clicks.

Brian

Sorry if this has been brought up before - this is quite a long thread to look back over now!

When looping an audio cue it would be very useful to be able to specify a different start/end for the loop, different from the initial start and final end point of the cue, if that makes sense

Eddie

What I'm trying to figure out how to do is get MP to mute and unmute our microphones. We have 16 wireless headsets and a allen & heath GL2200 anolog board. What do I need to add or replace to be able to automate the microphones?

Are you playing music tracks off MP & just looking for a way to unmute selected mics when you hit "Go" & mute them again when you hit "Stop", or hoping to use MP cues for all your mutes & unmutes? Either way it looks like you need some form of digitally-controlled 16-way switch between your mics & the GL2200, unless the GL2200 has enough mute groups for your needs.

So I am using Multiplay to play the songs that the Children are singing to, I'm looking to mute the mics as they leave stage and unmute as they return for their next scene. The problem is these are elementary age kids and trusting them to turn off their mic pack and then remembering to turn it back on has been a disaster. Our board is complete anolog, and each mic is in its own channel which we can manual mute. but its gets confusing when you have to mute mic 1,8,12,17 and then unmute 4,9,17,20 and so forth.

I think that would result in lots of clicks and bangs on the pa.

I would be looking at hiring a digital desk e.g x32, store the mic mutes into scenes on the desk and use multiplay to step through scenes. That's how it would normally be done.

What do you mean when you say "hiring a digital desk e.g x32"

Another way is maybe a MIDI controlled set of relays that can interrupt the signal at the insert points on the desk ?

Like this sort of thing here

how would you connect that between the xlr from the mic receiver to the sound board? cut and splice?