MultiPlay - New Version In Development

David Duffy

I've never used MP but it looks like something I might well need in the future (when I prise myself away from MiniDisc) - so happy to make a small contribution to David's sterling efforts! Donation sent.

Thanks again to those who have donated and offered suggestions. It is appreciated.

I've just added a new window for a count down timer to supplement the existing clock and stopwatch options.

You can set a target time and it will count down to zero. Maybe it could change colour when the target is imminent?

I'll have to read up on how OSC packets are composed and work out how to implement that in the cue properties.

I found the references linked from ETC site to their stuff about OSC was very useful, and the sample code also helped. I was able to write my own interface between a midi surface and EOS, just as luminosus came along and made the whole exercise moot.

Personally for me, most just the OSC equivalents of MSC Go/Stop etc. For triggering a lighting desk/video server/whatever. So just being able to send a single OSC string would be fine.

I mostly use Multiplay as a low budget QLab, for shows who can't afford a QLab license or mac, or where I'm given a windows machine and told to use VLC/Windows media for playback. Multiplay's portability is a great help in those scenarios, keep it on my USB and even if I don't have admin rights I can play out a nice ordered cuestack and keep my attention on the stage and desk, rather than worrying about which file is next.

To that end, I'm not usually doing much advanced stuff in Multiplay, but the ability to send (receive?) an OSC command could be very useful for automating desk scenes/liasing with lighting etc.

I have the OSC cue code (transmit) 95% written now. Just need to do the actual UDP sending.

I'm also looking into how to implement the OSC control (receive) code and the settings for it.

EDIT:

The new OSC cue is now working. The fields are host (IP address), port #, address and an optional string parameter.

No doubt I'll need to tweak things, but the basics are there.

Edited by David Duffy

In other news, the OSC cues can now take up to 4 arguments in string, integer or float format.

I've also got the OSC control working. Some examples;

/multiplay/cue/go with an arg of "current" is the same as pressing the GO button.

/multiplay/cue/go with an arg of the cue number (in the list) starts that cue.

/multiplay/cue/stop with an arg of "all" is the same as pressing the Stop All button.

/multiplay/cue/stop with an arg of the cue number (in the list) stops that cue.

/multiplay/cue/fade with an arg of "all" is the same as pressing the Fade All button.

/multiplay/cue/fade with an arg of the cue number (in the list) starts fading that cue.

Edited by David Duffy

A passing thought, David -

You presumably developed Multiplay on XP (if not something earlier), & it seems to work quite happily on Win-7. Bearing in mind that many (most?) users will be avoiding Win-10 for anything audio-related, & are probably quite happy with XP, can you confirm that MP-3 will continue to work on XP (& Win-7)?