mic cable

timmiddleton

Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!  :stagecrew:  :)  :angry:  :angry:

Mic cables should not be packaged like this! they get set in their way and then can not be coiled, they just have kinks every foot...

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

can you tell I'm cross?

Grrr I hate kinky cables that do not coil (very OT, probably should go in Pet Hates!).

Neutrik all the way, baby, with any decent quality cable.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You pays your money you takes your choice......

Persoanlly I don't touch anything other than Neutrik. Call me picky, but hey. Cable- well a little bit more easilly persuaded here.

Depends how much value you put on the cabling of your system. it's the vital link. If your happy to entrust it to cheap components then that's up to you.

Indeed, I have never had a problem with my cables, my churches cheapo cables can suddenly become intermittent, or lose the signal altogether. The pins seem to lose the solder connection really easy. Must be cheap plating on the pins.

my churches cheapo cables can suddenly become intermittent, or lose the signal altogether.

And I bet they wonder why they keep getting this intermittant crackling and noise. If anything churches are a prime place where decent cables should be bought for- the number of helpful church people I know who don't have a clue about the correct manner for cable coiling.....

Bit OT, but hey....

A link already mentioned in this thread THIS WEBSITE

Bottom of the page, the PLanet Waves 24 carat gold plated blah blah......

I was just wondering who would ever buy such a cable, at over £15 for 5' of the stuff, seems very expensive to me?? And the connectors are moulded, so once broken thats it

Some people must be very silly...

John

Bottom of the page, the PLanet Waves 24 carat gold plated blah blah......

I was just wondering who would ever buy such a cable, at over £15 for 5' of the stuff, seems very expensive to me?? And the connectors are moulded, so once broken thats it

1. people with more cash than common sense

2. home cinema people

this thread is rather amusing:

http://www.blue-room.org.uk/lofiversion/index.php/t6263.html

We have an incredibly helpful vicar who tries to do things with the PA.

I have explained to him that intermittent cables won't make themselves and that someone has been fiddling (all the engineers coil correctly) but it won't sink in....

I just spend a session down there every 2 months with a soldering iron. He'll get the hint when all the mic leads are 2 inches long from numerous resolderings.

Hey hipppy! I thought u were mad to spend so much money in cables. But I think you are right. Also I came back from a show that had lot of problems with my chinese mic cables. I would of kill for some great cables a few hours ago.

I will check them out.

Hi-Fi buff cable! I used to work for an 'esoteric' hi-fi company......they are all madder than a box of frogs! Most of the rumours that go around are complete tosh. Some people will believe anything.

I do like Switchcraft connectors though (not the silver, ordinary will do!) ....they last for years.

I would love to know what their 'Wonder Solder' is!

:P

edit/: I just had a look. Wonder Solder is almost lead free. Over £6 for a measly 3 metres! I think I'll buy a hundred metres worth! ;)

Archived