mic cable

timmiddleton

It's not it's ease of availability, choice of colours, and reasonable price then?

As for pre made, great if you don't have the skills or time to make them yourself, but I'd be truly upset if anyone said that VDC cables will be put together better than my own. Experience says otherwise.

Vandamme cable is good, however there are known issues with internal cores breaking in cold temperatures, and lets not get started on the 4 and 8 core speaker cables!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in New Zealand we are mandated to use it by law.

Poor you - the government telling you what mic cable to use! I thought we had gone mad with regulation in the UK, but that takes the biscuit.

Pete.

I assume your joking? You have to use Proel cable in New Zealand? Do Oceania know that???

• 1 month later...
So, I need to buy 100m of mic cable and, while I'm about it, 100m of decent unbalanced cable for guitar/keyboard/line level cables.

I'm looking at these two Van Damme cables from Rapid Electronics, which seem decent prices: mic cable at 65 and instrument cable at 54.95 (all plus VAT)

Am I barking up the right tree, and are these prices as competitive as they look? Any other pointers appreciated. BTW, did open a trade accound with VCD but didn't see fantastic looking prices.

Finally sorted out the trade account with VDC last month and picked up a lovely box full of cable and connectors (just don't mention TNT who ended up taking 2 weeks to deliver what should have appeared overnight - grrrr!)

Fab cable indeed, no complains there, great pricing for both the cable and the connectors.

Was a bit let down by my engineer who made up the cables, and neglected to read the bit in the spec for the unbalanced cable that observes the requirement to strip back the black electroconductive layer. Result, every jack cable shorted out. But quickly remedied with a craft knife - shame some people just can't read.

The one thing I was disappointed that VDC didn't do was a decent stereo line cable. You can bastardise a couple of their other cables to achieve this, but never as well.

Archived