Fuzzlights

J Pearce

Hi all, we're looking to buy a few blue fuzzlights, but struggling to find any that are the old fashioned type with lamp and rotating reflector rather than an LED source. I've got a few leads for hire, but we'd rather buy as it is something that keeps coming up.

I can find plenty of orange/red, but understandably suppliers seem shy of supplying the blue versions. Anyone got any leads?

As Richard has indicated RS stock a variety (custom search excluding LED versions here). They used to stock multiple different colour covers including blue and green, unfortunately that no longer seems to be the case. That having been said they sell beacons without covers and you can find them in all sorts of colours on eBay and the like.

Have a look at DeeGee Controls HereThey certainly produce a variety of different Beacons, including some rotating mirror types, at mains voltage. The website says they produce blue domes for them. They may be worth a phone call to see if they'll sell to you.

HTH

Good thread. I have nothing constructive to add, but I love using these on some projects and have found it hard to get hold of them in the past. The LED ones are an abomination. Cant beat a rotating mirror, and thats not being luddite - they are just better. On emergency vehicles too. I would love to have about 20 of these on a stage with high power bulbs, then just use them for a 5 second fill.

Let us know if you find anything good.

edit - just checkout that DG Controls site - they have units that take H1 car headlight bulbs - they are going to be really cool. Wonder how much they are?

Getting the mains ones could be easier, fewer people want to run a mains imposter police car. www.oh-vehicleconversions.co.uk/ may have something to offer. but blue light vehicles are going LED because they are lower profile for air drag and brighter for getting noticed better.

Archived