New Midas 'Something' at Namm

smalljoshua

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope that Midas don't do what Behringer have got into the habit of doing - which is to announce a product at NAMM and then take a year or even more to actually deliver it. The Cat5 connected speakers haven't been seen in the wild yet, and loads of other products just take forever to hit distribution, staying as 'coming soon' on the website all that time. I know it's just a 'spoiler' tactic - 'I won't buy X as Y is just around the corner' - but Behringer do seem particularly prone to it.

Behringer……. Cat5 connected speakers haven't been seen in the wild yet

In fact, they seem to have disappeared from Behringer's "Coming Soon" bit of their website altogether, along with the X16 desk.

Am I the only one in the world who thinks touch screens are the spawn of the devil?

Not at all, I'm quite happy to keep on using the Pro2 with it's lack of Touchscreen over a Digico with Touchscreen every day of the week on UI comfort alone.

Josh

Behringer……. Cat5 connected speakers haven't been seen in the wild yet

In fact, they seem to have disappeared from Behringer's "Coming Soon" bit of their website altogether, along with the X16 desk.

behri explained recently that they had pulled certain product lines because they were being redesigned and unveiled at NAMM. the cat5 speakers are the IQ series I was speaking of - I previously read someplace that along with the ELX line array they were giving to turbosound to redesign. the ELX is suppose to reappear under the turbosound brand at the show but the IQ series is one of those products they have remained quiet about.

the x16 has supposedly had a complete redesign 'following user feedback' and it's new form is supposed to be unveiled at the show.

will all these product be available straight after the show or will midas and turbsound brands follow the behri spoiler pattern...well as I keep saying, it's one company (music group) with one set of staff working in the same buildings, albeit on different brands. the teaser marketing yesterday showed that it's one marketing department - they appear to have one vision - I see no reason why people won't be typing at a keyboard here this time next year saying that the new mdas whatchamacallit is finally in the shops/available for order - or has been pulled from the website for another stunning announcement at NAMM.

I can't imagine Midas going smaller than the Pro1, as it would be less capable than an X32 yet more money - a small market for that methinks. (People are buying the new SL series over the X32 though, so who knows - a dinky Midas should sound better than an X32).

Midas already have the more affordable DL150 series I/O boxes, and bigger ones would cater to a very small market (mainly XL8 and Pro9 users).

An AES50-FW/USB/Ethernet recording interface would be nice, but again, a smallish market.

The neatest use for a touch screen would be to have the MCA mixes on virtual faders while the house mix is on the surface.

A track ball replacement would be nice, as the current ones do indeed suck. But again, not earth shattering.

IOW, I can't imagine what it might be.

I wonder if this email I received from studiospares has anything to do with it. Perhaps a rebranded X32, now its been tried and tested? I'm suprised this topic is no where near the size of the X32 topics when that was soon to be released...

ReRe

NEW LOWER PRICES on the entire Behringer X32 Digital Mixer range! However Behringer are increasing their prices, so these prices can't be guaranteed once these stocks are sold. So if you're looking to get your hands on the world's best-selling digital mixer, now is the time!

re prices - there appears to be some flexibility at the moment. I understand that some outlets have dropped the midas pro1 price by quite a bit.

I approached studiospares last month to price match an x32 producer price and they duly dropped £200 off their advertised price. meanwhile ALL the berhinger B grade stock has disappeared from sale (they sell through a few points including direct via ebay) - I was planning on a b grade x32 at £1,800 but I guess I have to wait until after NAMM now and see what happens

Archived