New Midas 'Something' at Namm

smalljoshua

Heaps of new features exposing DSP we haven't seen yet, but they still haven't implemented channel pairing for non-adjacent channels, which is a stupidly simple firmware thing. Ho hum.

but you can re-route the signal to make them adjacent. you are thinking keyboards in stereo and such?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but you can re-route the signal to make them adjacent. you are thinking keyboards in stereo and such?

General stereo inputs. It would be very neat to pair with a fader on the layer below so you don't waste top layer faders. I know DCA's are the simplest way, but I've already run out...

some differences between x32 and m32

better Motorized faders - same as pro series

proper midas Preamps - same as pro series

Nicer looking encoders (presumably better)

New A/D and D/A converters

more rugged chasis

more rider acceptable? it has the midas badge.

Better "pro" monitoring section

seems like a steal at £3,300 list

General stereo inputs. It would be very neat to pair with a fader on the layer below so you don't waste top layer faders. I know DCA's are the simplest way, but I've already run out...

if it's that mission critical and you really can't move them to adjacent faders on a lower layer then (bear in mind MIDI really isn't my thing, but...) may it be possible to connect one of the the new x -touch controllers midi to assign your non adjacent faders to midi faders on the x-touch. it's a heck of long way to work around the problem if the x-touch isn't otherwise of use to you but maybe it would give you those extra faders on a top layer? or maybe you just need a more expensive desk altogether!

if it's that mission critical and you really can't move them to adjacent faders on a lower layer then (bear in mind MIDI really isn't my thing, but...) may it be possible to connect one of the the new x -touch controllers midi to assign your non adjacent faders to midi faders on the x-touch. it's a heck of long way to work around the problem if the x-touch isn't otherwise of use to you but maybe it would give you those extra faders on a top layer? or maybe you just need a more expensive desk altogether!

I've already got a mass of OSC control going on, so I'm contemplating doing a bodge pair that way. I've got a Producer running as the main desk in a radio studio, hence the need to have loads of stereo channels. I'll probably write it up properly at some point.

I've already got a mass of OSC control going on, so I'm contemplating doing a bodge pair that way. I've got a Producer running as the main desk in a radio studio, hence the need to have loads of stereo channels. I'll probably write it up properly at some point.

x32 producer? does the v2 firmware help? allows you faders on another layer to appear on the right without using DCA's. not suggesting that you upgrade just yet, just wondering if it will work around your problem?

My guess (a complete guess) would be that it shares the kernel (abeit with new drivers for altered hardware) as the x32 but with a re-written frontend, presumably based on a small, real time linux kernel, and an adapted version of the ui from the x32

according to this video from a sales guy on the stand it is the SAME software as the x32 - and the screenshots match exactly the screen shots for v2.01 for the x32 being posted up elsewhere as people rush to upgrade with the beta (exciting but I will be waiting til at least x-edit works with it and they sort the scene transfer out)

I posted the v2 update list above and it's safe to assume from what they say on the video and what they show screen shots of that this is the same. it's becoming clear that this is a quality make-over of the x32.

Archived