Plasa Focus

Modge

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How spicy were those chicken wraps!!!!! Wow!

I didn't spot any blue roomers apart from people I already knew. Had a good day though. Nothing really stuck out to me as being new or majorly of interest, but it's nice to walk around and see stuff up close and personal.

How spicy were those chicken wraps!!!!! Wow!

I didn't spot any blue roomers apart from people I already knew. Had a good day though. Nothing really stuck out to me as being new or majorly of interest, but it's nice to walk around and see stuff up close and personal.

Chicken wraps?! I missed out!

What with my shingles and the old lady having full blown pneumonia I did not make it but be good to hear of any impressions from those who went on to LSLive. Been meaning to make a trip to check it out and would have gone as the invite was attached to Focus. Anybody get there?

Comrades

See you Tuesday....I wonder if this comedy namebadge mallarkey pisses off exhibitors?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/kclx1/Badge.jpg

KC

I believe we demo'd a "Lighting Monkey" today if the name badges are to be believed...

(this might want a topic split?)

... good to hear of any impressions from those who went on to LSLive. Been meaning to make a trip to check it out ... Anybody get there?

Not as part of the Focus visit but I was working there the other day, including staying the night in the on-site accommodation.

The accommodation is spot on. A decent single bed, a clean on-suite bathroom with shower, TV, Wi-Fi, air conditioning, blackout blind and opening skylight for some fresh air. There's a nice airy crew room and a gym, although I believe not many visiting crew use the exercise machines. Those are all on the top two floors.

On the ground floor is crew catering, production offices and the Studio. The studio is a good size with nicely thought out rigging facilities.

I was only there for around 24 hours but I couldn't see anything that would make a longer stay an issue.

The site itself is on a small industrial park about 5 minutes walk from the local shops, post office and pub.

Chicken wraps?! I missed out!

Hidden behind all the cheese ones

Fail. If it wasn't for the chicken on a stick I would've had a vegetarian lunch. I don't do vegetarian! Althought it was all pretty tastey...and free...

What with my shingles and the old lady having full blown pneumonia I did not make it but be good to hear of any impressions from those who went on to LSLive. Been meaning to make a trip to check it out and would have gone as the invite was attached to Focus. Anybody get there?

I didn't make the session after PLASA as I had to work (boo) but I was there a couple of weeks ago for some pyro training, which Brian was providing in fact, and it does look like an excellent facility. I'm now trying to find legitimate business reasons to go back there but I'm yet to come up with any.

We must have been late for lunch, there was only spicy prawn left.

Judging by the delicate state of my colleague's guts following the consumption of said spicy prawn wraps, I think I made the right decision in going for the chicken one ...

I did spot somebody in passing with a roll of blue in their badge. Didn't notice untill they were waking away though, I was too busy admiring the battery smoke machines...

Probably me. That would have been the White Light stand then. Anybody else notice the Hydrogen Fuel Cell?

Archived