Plasa Focus

Modge

I shall definitely be there on the Tuesday and potentially there on Wednesday.

Unfortunately I too have gone with a sensible name badge, looks like I'll have to start practicing my ballon moddeling! I think I can remember how to make a pretty mean giraffe...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will be there on the Wednesday, possibly the Tuesday... didn't think of putting my forum name on the badge but it's pretty close to my real one I imagine most people could guess who I am anyway ; )

... not that I would gain anything from it, not actually working in the industry.

I think you underestimate the value of trade shows.

The first thing to know is that very little business takes place at them. All those deals you see in the press being signed at PLASA were done and dusted months before.

When I attend any show I always make a point to look at every stand. I may not have any interest in the products now but who knows what the future might bring. In fact I tend to spend more time with manufacturers I don't know than those I do.

They are a fantastic way to put faces to names; never underestimate the value of having met someone in real life.

Think of them as part of your ongoing education.

I would like to go, not that I would gain anything from it, not actually working in the industry.

You should go - it's not too far... if it wasn't for the fact that I'm probably continuing onward to London afterwards and not coming back I'd offer you a lift from EK :P

Looks like I'll be around on Wednesday...

Got my Congo Blue ready :)

Bit worried though, cos my badge hasn't arrived yet, and if I dont get it tomorrow, I'm not gonna see it! (They hold the school post at the end of half term)

Saying that, 2 of the 4 registrations have come through today, interesting....

Comrades

See you Tuesday....I wonder if this comedy namebadge mallarkey pisses off exhibitors?

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f184/kclx1/Badge.jpg

KC

Loving your work! Having seen this I now realise my badge is FAR too sensible.

I think you underestimate the value of trade shows.

The first thing to know is that very little business takes place at them. All those deals you see in the press being signed at PLASA were done and dusted months before.

When I attend any show I always make a point to look at every stand. I may not have any interest in the products now but who knows what the future might bring. In fact I tend to spend more time with manufacturers I don't know than those I do.

They are a fantastic way to put faces to names; never underestimate the value of having met someone in real life.

Think of them as part of your ongoing education.

This is spot on. The last time I went to PLASA for a customer I found nothing of relevance - to them - but an astonishing amount of interest and intellectual stimulation for me. If you are in any way interested in this field you will not regret a visit and may even turn into a regular.

Archived