Radio Mic Ch 69/38

Pete Alcock

Just got the letter in the post today from Ofcom. They've appointed Equiniti to oversee the compensation scheme. Claims must be lodged between Sept and Dec 2010. Full rate card is shown here: PMSE Rate Card

Interesting list of values versus equipment. I've already lodged a complaint that my JTS kit isn't listed! See PMSE Website for the whole story.

Pete.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting way of handling things. Feel a bit short-changed that it's not a full replacement cost as the original proposal document appeared to be committing to, but understandable. More than I had expected, certainly.

Interested to see how this goes...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi

I just tried to register to submit my claim to Equiniti earlier this evening but a problem.

When I tried to register the form requested my surname, which I entered along with my ofcom number.

The system doesn't seem to recognise my surname, or the number is wrong!

I will ring at 0830 tomorrow morning but just wondering, did anyone else have problems registering?

Andy

Do you seriously think so?

I hope not but I do now that this government, like the last few we've had are so self-interested that it's unreal!

Maybe they'll see a way to save a few million(?) or maybe they'll see it as insignificant? (he said, hopefully....)

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Those of you that have already done it; do you need to specify exactly which units you'll be returning (ser no. etc) or do they need to just know the total amount of your claim?

I don't take anything for granted until it's in the bank!!

The way HMG is scratching around to save cash, I will not be surprised if it's axed.

Only hope is that the payout starts before it's noticed. That's why I've opted to surrender at the earliest possible date.

Those of you that have already done it; do you need to specify exactly which units you'll be returning (ser no. etc) or do they need to just know the total amount of your claim?

You select from their drop down list. Unfortunately, their list isn't exhaustive, and I had a lengthy chat with Equiniti about registering some early Beyer Dynamic NE600s which are rebadged Trantec S5000s. Unfortunately, Beyer still use the NE600 name for the relatively low cost units they presently sell at about a fifth of the S5000 price! Of course, the new NE600s were on the list...

I'm not that worried about the funding being cut completely - as the rate card is up to version five and they'll been revising payouts downwards.

We took the figures from the v2 card to go forward as part of the capex budget - v3 took about a sixth off that figure and v5 means we've now lost around a third of the original figure due

This may only apply to our particular models of course

Archived