Radio Mic Ch 69/38

Pete Alcock

Nice one!

We'll have to send it in quick. I guess the best proof would be the PAT documentation for that year 08/09 then?

I'm sure we can get a copy of that sent over with all the gear's info on it!

You've given me hope again! :rolleyes:

I received the letter today and I also don't have receipts or any idea when bought, so I rang them up and asked if a copy of the page of an asset register/inventory was acceptable (it says it is in their letter. They said 'Yes' as expected, so I then I asked for what year. Stunned silence! then went to ask advice.

Came back and said for the year of purchase, I said that if I knew the year of purchase I could have found the receipts.

I asked if they would accept inventory/asset register for 2008/9, the qualifying year for eligibility for compo.

Went away again and came back after a long wait and agreed to the relevant pages for 2008/9

So now I have just got to find the asset reg/inventory for 2008/9. It's a bit easier ;)

I'm getting the info back to them fast so that they can query it if required and not reject out of hand

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could the outstanding equipment that pushes it over 6000 have been accidentally damaged over the panto season, and therefore no longer qualify for the scheme? B-)

You are not able to change the claim. I had a very long conversation with a lady there. Told them that their ready reckoner was the thing that did the sums and it had got it wrong. Also pointed out that I hoped Equiniti was getting well paid as although it is HMG money right now for compensation the licence will go for maybe £10Billion to mobile company or two

As far as I am aware, what we put down on our lists is the maximum we can send in and claim for. If on the date we are due to send them, we send less. We get less money, so we can change our minds if we decide to keep 4 channels for ch70 use, or something gets damaged, lost or stolen (or even sold for a better price I guess).

I'm considerably over the £6000 mark, be it claim value or replacement value it makes no odds. I have 12 channels that I bought after the "deadline" which I knew I wouldn't be able to claim for, SO I will have 12 channels of 100 G2 WITHOUT mics for sale soon, but they've earnt their money back and more so I'm happy with that.

I do have proof of purchase for a fair bit, more than I thought actually, but I've acquired bits over the years, few things on ebay that I no longer have records for, bits of, come and mend this multicore and service these lights for us and we'll give you this old G1 122 system, that sort of thing. However, some form of record of inventory IS acceptable.. I do have one, it's not up to date, but that doesn't matter as I don't need one from this year, or last, or the one before in reality.

So, if you had a license at the right time, and you've got your claim in in time, you'll do as well as possible out of things, if you didn't have a license before as you only used Ch70, you can carry on doing so and won't necessarily be affected. If you didn't have a license before, and used Ch69 illegally, then you should do 2 things, Suffer with not getting any compensation and having to buy new, and then suffer in a fire.

Remember you don't have to send in the mics! I believe the money will be a little less, but worth it to have a selection. My plans are simple, I buy 172 G3's with no mic but a guitar lead, this saves me about £50 or slightly more per unit. I keep the mics from the 122/322 G2's I have, and get paid about £19 less per channel, I then use them with the new stuff when the need arises. In fairness 90% of stuff is for headsets anyway.

Same with the Shure stuff, detach the heads, get a bit less money but don't have to buy new heads, or send them with SM heads and keep the beta58 heads or 87's / ksm9 or whatever you have. DO you think I'll send my skm5200's in with the 105 heads or do you think I'll send them "headless".

Rob,

Where does it say that you get less if you don't send in the mics?

Will they accept any mics?

Bearing in mind that some of our kit is 1995 vintage, we do not have the original mics.

If I had to guess, I'd say that there were a significant number (if not the vast majority) that did NOT have original mic heads with them! Not least due to the fact that the heads that came with the kit aren't really suited to most theatre applications.

The bit about the mics (be it ME4 style mics, or say a beta58 screw on head for a Shure mic etc) was brought up in a telephone conversation with them. You get less without a mic head / mic capsule, I'm not sure what the difference in price is. If you've replaced ME4 with new ME4 it won't make any difference, if you've replaced ME4 with £5 cpc lapel, it may well do, I'm not sure on that one. A phone call would seem a good idea.

I guess it's a case of working out what's best for the individual. If you have a Shure unit with an SM58 head AND a beta58 head you could send it in with the SM58 head and buy a new one with an SM58 head and still have your beta58 head. If you just had a beta58 head you may wish to send it with NO head, and buy a new one with an SM58 head then you have a choice, Either way, it's important that we select the worst condition grilles and do some swapping and changing before we send them in so we're left with the best stock. A Beta87 head does not get enough extra money back to cover the extra cost of buying a new beta87 head, so much so that with the better quality heads like this, ksm 9 etc it's worth sending WITHOUT a head. YMMV.

Rob

Archived