Radio Mic Ch 69/38

Pete Alcock

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not that worried about the funding being cut completely - as the rate card is up to version five and they'll been revising payouts downwards.

same outcome, different method

you may still end up with next to Zero :D

as I read it the later you actually trade in the less money you get, and the first few months are no longer available

you have to consider with the whole trading in.

will your channel 69 equipment gain further revenue from contuined hire and use for a further 18 months

consider the seconhand value now, some kit may be fetching more than the trade in value

the channel 69 euipment will still have some value on the secondhand market after 2012 for channel 70 use

the equipment can still be used and hired in channel 70 after 2012

there is a poss of getting 6 freq working together in channel 70 not the usual 4

some channel 69 radio mics can be retunned with hardware and software adjustments for less than £100 per channel

Is the new channel 38 equipment your about to purchase going to be out of date by the end of 2012? possible digital radio mic market might have come into play? alot of channel 38 kit is just the same kit and models that have been on the market for several years already, not really buying anything NEW!

as the trade in value does not cover the new purchase price, extra funds are needed to purchase new ch 38 equipment, could those funds be better used else where while you continue to use your channel 69 equipment for a further 18 months?, other investments, other euipment, paying off other debts.

you really have to do the maths! and everyones case will be different and its easy to be tempted just because someone is offering you money.

Hey,

This might be a wee bit OT, but if people have units that will no longer useable after the DSO on ch. 69 and aren't eligible for compensation, will they be entirely useless or can they still be used on (assuming they were always able to set to) ch. 70? I'm in Northern Ireland which seems to be an RF desert and do a lot of work in little remote churches which only need two or three systems running simultaneously - seems old good quality ch. 69/ch. 70 stuff (only used on ch. 70 of course!) would be ideal for the likes of me, and may get people a little bit more back than otherwise if they sold them.

Any thoughts?

Alan.

Alan

If they work on Ch70, they should still be usable, but Ch70 will become a lot more congested, I suspect! However, for your example of little places in the middle of nowhere, you may well be fine. The only way to tell will be testing!

T

Alan

If they work on Ch70, they should still be usable, but Ch70 will become a lot more congested, I suspect! However, for your example of little places in the middle of nowhere, you may well be fine. The only way to tell will be testing!

T

Yeah, thought so - nothing seems very congested over here though, so was wondering if this is an opportunity for me to get some decent stuff and a reasonable price! Always worth a try...

Ironically, the trade-in program has probably raised prices of second hand kit! For example, I am trading in some 5 year old ULX stuff for the full 55% of its value! there is no way it would fetch that much in a typical sale - especially not in 5 year old used condition...

What is actually happening to the traded in kit? Re-sale? Shipping to another country? Recycling? Landfill?

There's going to be an awful lot of gear sat in a warehouse somewhere after all of this! Whilst I'm certainly not overly eco-minded, it would be an absolute crying shame to see it just get scrapped.

Grrrrr! I seem to have had my head in the sand for the last few months and have only just found out there was a deadline, just after it has passed!

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do if I have missed the deadline? I have 8 x EW100 kits which I need to be compensated for to give me a chance to replace them!

Chris

If you have a license, then you get regular info from JFMG, if you don't have a license, you won't be eligible anyway - so I can't work out how people miss the boat when they've had countless emails and even the odd item in the post!

f you have a license, then you get regular info from JFMG, if you don't have a license, you won't be eligible anyway

Indeed - but that hasn't stopped one of my customers (to whom I sold a single VHF radio lapel in 1998) phoning up wanting to know how they would get compensation :rolleyes:

If you have a license, then you get regular info from JFMG, if you don't have a license, you won't be eligible anyway - so I can't work out how people miss the boat when they've had countless emails and even the odd item in the post!

I even got a phone call in early December just in case I hadn't read my post and emails. I thanked them very much and told them I had already submitted my claim.

Grrrrr! I seem to have had my head in the sand for the last few months and have only just found out there was a deadline, just after it has passed!

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do if I have missed the deadline? I have 8 x EW100 kits which I need to be compensated for to give me a chance to replace them!

Chris

Was kinda people like you I was aiming my posts at! If you have no joy in getting compensation, I may be interested in a couple of units that'll work on Ch 70!

Archived