OFCOM publishes rate card for CH69 compensation

greenalien

I also have some 4000 systems - so indeed, a pleasant surprise. I'vwe not looked too hard but are there any original G1 series Sennheisers? I see G2 and 3?

I thought the g1's only worked within the license exempt frequencies

but are there any original G1 series Sennheisers? I see G2 and 3?

Look around item 370 area

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

I thought the g1's only worked within the license exempt frequencies

No they cover Ch69 as well

Seems a bit of a parsons egg solution in that 69'ers are relieved if not pleased with the lobbying outcome whilst other users are even more in the dark. http://www.beirg.co.uk/ Is that true?

Anyone know any more about the rest of the channels?

Is the offer of 55% of replacement value worth the hassle of modifying the kit or is straight replacement best for most users?

I also have some 4000 systems - so indeed, a pleasant surprise. I'vwe not looked too hard but are there any original G1 series Sennheisers? I see G2 and 3?

I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head, but we did find the receivers, belt packs, and plug-in transmitters all listed individually. If no-one comes along in the meantime, I'll post them on Monday!

Ian

Does any of this apply to schools?

Only if the school was holding a licence for their systems on channel 69. I know of schools who have had equipment supplied by major players in the theatre installation business, but then haven't informed the school that they need a yearly / bi-yearly licence. Hence in ignorance the school will miss out in the replacement scheme as they will not be eligible........

John Mac.

Do you need to include the mics in the kit? I have several ew300 G2 systems that I now use with dpa 4066 / sennheiser me104. I bought them as the me4 kit originally but have long since lost those cheap mics. Do I need to start hunting?

Another question...

The rate card gives a figure equating to 55% of the replacement value of their recommended option - if you are able to purchase that spec'd option at a LOWER cost than the one they've listed, does that subsidy then become 55% or YOUR new purchase price or does it remain at their stated figure?

And conversely, will the £6000 limit for having to produce receipts/invoices be based on one or the other purchase price...?

Hmmm...

We have 14 mic systems plus a handful of spare transmitters that we'll be looking to get changed, and I'm pretty sure that they'll be well in excess of the £6K limit - only problem is going to be finding all the original invoices as they go back over maybe 10 years...

:(

Archived