A problem with my service?

PYROmaster

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you keep a database of customers? Is that database registered under the data protection act?

Here is a small example of something which gets my goat I'm afraid.

No offense intended and most of your points do make a lot of sense BUT this does perhaps seem to be an example of "Owning a business is far too hard and complicated don't do it" ism. Perhaps it is not and perhaps I am being terribly unfair but a couple of things.

On the quoted point above, pedantically only notification is necessary these days not registration and notification is NOT required if the information is held for these purposes

staff administration (including payroll);

advertising, marketing and public relations for your own business; or

accounts and records (some not-for-profit organisations)

That is a direct copy and paste from the ICO website. I assume any business database would be used for advertising and marketing purposes.

Chris

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

My current site it at http://tm-web.dyndns.org/

It is all written in PHP and uses server side includes to allow the uniformity across it.

Fully back-wards Compatible

CSS, XHTML and WAI-AA Compliant.

Josh

Very impressive that it can do all that shiny wiggly web site stuff but the first line:

"We aim to provide a unique and personal service to our customers, somthing which many larger companys fail to provide."

Ouch.

Chris

I don't mean to pick holes, but...

to email me @ my email address Were I will be

I do think proof reading is important.

Another thing, and perhaps drifting slightly off topic but is it just me that thinks clocks are a bit unnecessary? I can understand their appearance on things like news sites where things are timestamped accurately and regularly, but on most sites I can't see their purpose. Especially twice...

Just my 2p.

I'm pleased to see that we can hire Traditional Luminaries from you, and at a very reasonable rate. Can I please book Stephen Hawking, Tim Berners-Lee or Stephen Fry for an event next weekend? Or do these guys not fall into the "traditional" category.

Proof reading is always worthwhile.

Bro, run that through a spell checker as there are quite a few errors. Does it really need all the "standards" compliant logos at the bottom of every page?

Also you may want to check out and fix the use of random capital letters.

"After the Services offered by Tornado Multimedia at their annual Christmas concert, Touchwood Musical Company decided to involve us at their Tea Dance event in Meavy. We were happy to provide all of the required equipment at a competitive price including both Sound and Lighting Technicians to Setup and operate the Equipment."

"please feel free to email me @ My Email Address Where I will be happy to give you a personalised reply within 48 Hours."

PS, I wouldn't put a fridge on your hire list, and definately not under "outboard"

:)

Edit: maybe someone younger than me can explain why teens these days seem to do the random Capital letter thing A lot in Stuff they write? Capitals should only be used for proper nouns and people or place names....

Changes Made.

But lesson not learned. :)

I am trying to learn from all of my mistakes.

Unfortunately because I write all om my content and In fact my whole site In notepad Using just Raw HTML/PHP/CSS I don't have a spell check handy.

Josh

Archived