Expensive Cables

peter

You know, if you had enough "PinneaEZ" (probably in the thousands, enough to cover a few walls) and they didn't rattle, they probably WOULD provide pretty good diffusion in a studio situation!

Bob

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ref #90.

Well, we bought some some for our venue, because they were so much easier for the older blokes to move. Yes they worked very well indeed, especially if you are an artistic soul with the "third ear"...and you forget about all that boring Physics stuff you had to learn at school.

However we found the colours a little too harsh because they clashed with what our audience chose to wear on occasions, so we had to throw them out....except the crystal ball (the best of the lot really) which is now a paperweight.

• 1 month later...

Linky The "specially designed aluminium clamp" must have taken years of R&D and it's easy to see how that makes the termination process complex and difficult. :wacko:

Try this.

It's a different supplier. The Stoneaudio one worked from preview but seems to default back to the homepage from the forum. I did try, honest.

Linky The "specially designed aluminium clamp" must have taken years of R&D and it's easy to see how that makes the termination process complex and difficult. :wacko:

Try this.

It's a different supplier. The Stoneaudio one worked from preview but seems to default back to the homepage from the forum. I did try, honest.

They do have some bargains though, 27% off a 5 pin Din lead.

A snip at only £475.00

Spot on Paulears...which is why you have to have a screen on a cable to catch the electrons and drain them off.

Which is again proof positive that the screen is not to keep interference out but the electrons in. This why foil screens work better than mesh, which do not catch really fast electrons...probably explains why you lose top...not a lot people know that.

The best bit is that it can be bent in a sharp 90 degree radius with no loss of performance - I expect cheap cable allows the electrons to spin off when they go around sharp corners.

Well, if it's a digital signal, obviously it is made up of zeros and ones, and although the zeros can make it around a sharp corner due to their singular edged nature and lack of sharp corners, the ones might get caught.

Starquad twisted pair mains leads! Great idea! I hate the rubbish SNR I get out of my normal IECs. All that RF gets in the way...

To get the cleanest mains supply I had to move house to Sellafield, the difference in quality is amazing!

Archived