First Show...last Show

turning the cable clamp over sometimes helps,falling that how about a bit of heatshrink in place of the outer insulation.

o and first show, godspell at school,too busy playing with the noisy toys to bother about lights but it was lit on 12 1kw channels controled by an old strand 2 preset board,we blew the budget on the sound rig :D

last show a youth production of the ashgirl (non panto version of cinderella)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First show – Maybe not my first but I would like to think as my tour de force, triangle player in school show aged 7. I was simply fantastic and the song benefited from continuous triangle playing. Strangely on leaving the stage the instrument was taken from me and never to be returned….. A sad day for live music I feel. Please hold back your tears.

First professional show – Stage crew for touring musical production ‘On the town’

Last show – Some shoddy Abba / Elvis / Jazz show followspotting.

Best show – A youth theatre show which was taken to a drama festival in Romania. Two shows in a fortified church at the top of a steep hill in Transylvania.

First Show: Round the World in Eighty Days - Local AM Dram, aged about 8

First Professional Work: - Profit share show at BAC (Bristol Express Theatre Co. I think)

First Job out of College: Theatre de Complicite (when they were still funny). Included a month long tour of Brazil care of the British Council. Talk about landing on your feet.

Last Show: Haven't done my last yet (I hope :D - though as a freelance I live in fear of the phone never ringing again.)

Most recent show: A Devised / site specific / co-production (three phrases to bring fear to the heart of any man) in a disused abattoir in France. Part of a showcase of British street performance (again c/o British Council - lovely people). Lots of Fire and water, 40 16mm projectors spread over the site, more fire, transport logistics nightmare (more stuff than truck space), local hires not turning up, local crew on verge of striking, more water, 30 degrees in the shade, good supply of local combustible consumable, local crew that thought nothing of starting day by consuming combustible consumables, power supply that tripped out on the first LX cue of the final show, great food and a fantastic band (Homelife) doing a set that started just as I finished - great to wind down to.

Next Show: Albert Herring for Kent Opera at the Margate Theatre Royal (anybody know it?).

Best Show: SM/TSM/LX Design/Snd Op for a devised piece by a (relatively unknown) double act about two men who get stuck in a bathroom for 25 years. The show started out as the three of us in a transit van touring to tiny, badly equipped arts centres and playing to 20 people a night. Within a year it had become a runaway success in Edinburgh and transferred to the West End and then to New York. Sometimes you get lucky.

First show – Maybe not my first but I would like to think as my tour de force, triangle player in school show aged 7. I was simply fantastic and the song benefited from continuous triangle playing. Strangely on leaving the stage the instrument was taken from me and never to be returned….. A sad day for live music I feel. Please hold back your tears.

This made me laugh out loud. Sitting in a public inernet cafe. Everyone is still looking....

This made me laugh out loud. Sitting in a public inernet cafe. Everyone is still looking....

Truly a case of the patented Mr Thirdtap humour

** laughs out loud ** :(

Stu

First show: Charlie and the chocolate factory - I followspotted on the 2nd night, which was the first thing I had ever done related to lighting in a production! That was back, very early, in Year 9.

Last show: Barnum - I did half followspot, half gophering each night for 3 nights running. I wasn't even originally gonna be involved. Some people from a performing arts college down the road were responsible for the lighting and sound. I had just finished my 6th form induction day and we were having the meeting at the end of the day. The guys were up in the box playing with the scrollers and Macs, and I got interested (naturally!). I went up and got talking and was invited to come along and watch, and help out if need be!

Best show: Probably the Dance Production I did early in Year 10. It was continuous dance, we had about 6 seconds between each number to change soundtrack, cue up the CD/Tape, get to the right cue number on the lighting desk, get the followspotters ready etc... Was completely mad but well worth it.

First show: Bugsy Malone - I did followspot (it was bigger than me) back in year 7

Last Show : Kvetch (AS production - hopefully an A for me?) - We are also taking it to the fringe this year (18 - 15 august - Pleasance Attick) If anyones around then come and see - we need audience. (its good too)

Best show - Cabaret - Had to build a full truss ground based rig. I was working to around 3am everyday for a week...

First show: Bugsy Malone - I did followspot (it was bigger than me) back in year 7

Last Show : Kvetch (AS production - hopefully an A for me?) - We are also taking it to the fringe this year (18 - 15 august - Pleasance Attick) If anyones around then come and see - we need audience. (its good too)

Best show - Cabaret - Had to build a full truss ground based rig. I was working to around 3am everyday for a week...

Hehe. What followspot was it? The one we use at school is a CCT Silhouette - sucks compared to some of the more beefy spots I've used (coughs Xenon Super Trouper)

If I remember correctly they were strand 2k solos. (that was at me prep school)

For cabaret at my secondary (current) school we hired some Robert Juliat beast. (possibly the sexiest beast of a lamp ever...) :(

What school are you at Daniel??

not really - they are great 'little' toys to use; once did a very dull dance show for 3 hours solid with dancers that moved like rabbits in heat and had no qualms with the spot at all.

- shame they all look like clones of each other .

bye

andrew

If I remember correctly they were strand 2k solos. (that was at me prep school)

For cabaret at my secondary (current) school we hired some Robert Juliat beast. (possibly the sexiest beast of a lamp ever...) :(

What school are you at Daniel??

Prolly never heard of it: Frogmore Community

Archived