Profile lamp with slot for gobo advice and equipment needed.

SaraLouise

Profile lamp with slot for gobo needed.

I am a trustee of a charity called Geek.Zone and we have acquired a building to host events in - Geek.Zone – Live life on fire

I would like to project the logo on the floor, walls or through the window onto the street outside. Ideally 240V.

Is anyone able to help with equipment for this? 🙂 Budget is low so a second-hand lamp would be great.

The building is in Leamington Spa.

Be very careful about projecting stuff onto a street or roadway. 

If I were in Lem and looking for a gift I would first ask the Students Unions at Coventry and Warwick or the Guild at Birmingham. Most of the guys here are not in a position to give away working items since most don't actually own much. You might get lucky but try shop-fitters as well who might well be refurbing shops and displays with working units being removed.

• Like 1

Slide projectors are cheap, but 24/7 would cost a fortune in lamps.

A shopping centre near me uses pavement projectors but last time I looked they were £800 or so.

I’d be tempted to go the window route and get large transparencies made, or cut masks out of thin material? Light using LED panels

• Like 1

Ah really useful, thank you all!

If I go down the interior walls/floor then it would only be on when events are on so not too dear to run.

However, the window route would be great and I'll check out some other options for that!

I was imagining a little projection onto the pavement through the window but something in the window itself lit up would be better yes.

@kerry daviesWill talk to SU and Guild near Leamington for sure! great idea. We do have a budget, but not a huge amount but would like the space to be nice too.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SaraLouise said:

Ah really useful, thank you all!

If I go down the interior walls/floor then it would only be on when events are on so not too dear to run.

However, the window route would be great and I'll check out some other options for that!

I was imagining a little projection onto the pavement through the window but something in the window itself lit up would be better yes.

@kerry daviesWill talk to SU and Guild near Leamington for sure! great idea. We do have a budget, but not a huge amount but would like the space to be nice too.

AC have some ex-demo LED profiles on their Clearance List. E-mail me if you want more information peter.nesbitt@ac-et.com 

• Like 1

On 9/12/2023 at 4:40 PM, alistermorton said:

Alternatively, a 650W or 1kW profile running 24/7 (or even 8 hrs a day) would soon get expensive to run. May actually be better to look at LED shop fittings specifically  designed for projecting logos, in the long run.

A 1kw lantern operated 24/7 will use 8,760 units of electricity. At present electricity prices of about 40 pence a unit that is about £3,500 a year just for electricity. If the 1kw lamps cost £20 each and last for 500 hours, that is about another £340 for lamps.