Metro audio master station schematic

An update to why I am looking for the schematic for the above. A local theater has the above unit which had a fault on it which was sorted but when powered back up in the venue it let some smoke out and I have taking it a part again and this time it was 2 resistors that burnt out R160 on the board these are from negative of the power supply to earth of the case. I would be great full if any one has the service manual, schematic or could tell me the values of the resistors would be great

1 hour ago, dmxlights said:

An update to why I am looking for the schematic for the above. A local theater has the above unit which had a fault on it which was sorted but when powered back up in the venue it let some smoke out and I have taking it a part again and this time it was 2 resistors that burnt out R160 on the board these are from negative of the power supply to earth of the case. I would be great full if any one has the service manual, schematic or could tell me the values of the resistors would be great

I'd be looking at why they overheated.

I can't help with the Metro unit, I have a panel mounted outstation (Manufacturer unknown) without a speaker but the board has the spaces for a PA. It has 330Ω in parallel with 0.1µF between Ov and chassis. However a previous owner has cut the resistor.

Edited by sunray
correction

Hi Sunray,

I have been looking to see why it over heated and I have worked out a faulty cable from the master station to the wall may be the problem. I have bench tested this unit with out the resistors and it been on for over 12 hours with 6 packs on it more than ever been on it 5 of them are my own(blue coms packs) and 1 from the theater. From digging around on the inside there is no capacitor in parallel with the resistors.

I am sure the metro unit are also known under sharewood audio and grand sounds. I did find out somewhere on the net that the there is a unit without the speaker is also the same board.

Not the same hardware, but I've got a Canford/Tecpro belt pack sitting in my "fix this when you get a chance" pile. 

It let out some smoke.

Why? It had been used by the MD at an event for cueing. The MD was also the drummer. He'd clipped the belt pack to his snare stand, after a couple of shows one of the bolts holding the XLR socket in place had worked loose, and the nut ended up on the PCB....

If it helps, when I was developing the BlueCom system, another Blue-Room member traced the circuit of a Stonewood CBP1. I believe it's identical to the Metro Audio beltpack. You'll need to use some scissors and sellotape but it's all there. Not wishing to implicate anyone in copyright busting, I'll leave it to the unnamed member to own up if they are so inclined!

CBP1.zip

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazydave said:

I have a copy of the GS-CMS2 circuit diagram as a pdf ( not the ls version) but can not find a way of posting it or sending direct via the blue room.

While posting a reply just click on chose files below, it will take you to your pc files/documents, double click on your pdf.

Please

I had bench tested the master station and its working fine and also went to the theater this morning and plugged back in the system and had the problem again but found what was causing it someone added a 2nd coms socket at the sound/lighting desk and there was done badly and we removed the new new socket and got it work also. I hope to redo it in a few weeks after a few shows and retest all again.

The GS-CMS2 circuit diagram would be great to have for again

Thank you all who posted