Moving LED profile

Nicktaylor

This is different issue to the other units. The unit was running totally fine then the lamp went off. Bringing the rig down the unit worked in every sense except the lamp on auto. ON taking it to the bench and sitting it down right way up,rather than hung it decided to work and did so for maybe four hours soak testing. On re rigging it it didn't work. Are there some sort of internal switch? We are a bit flumoxed They have been very reliable. Its the same venue I am having trouble with my other movers

Check cooling systems and associated temperature sensors and wiring. And error logs if the fixture has them. Lamp on issues even for LED can often be related to cooling, real or imagined.

Some faults can appear/disappear depending on unit orientation, including simple mechanical ones like wiring loom or connector issues. Items in the yoke or base are obviously the ones to start with.

Edited by indyld

It's scared of heights?

I had a VL3500 which, like yours would run fine on the floor, but not when hanging. We finally traced the fault to a badly soldered temp sensor that (when hot) would droop slightly due to it's own weight and break the circuit. Have a good look for dry joints etc through the temperature detection circuits.

HTH

G

• 2 weeks later...
Its model number is a Chinese BSW200. I have had a closer look with the head covers off as it no long lights up either way up! 12V power is going to the LED module. Video taken and sent to the supplier as its under a year old

Its model number is a Chinese BSW200. I have had a closer look with the head covers off as it no long lights up either way up! 12V power is going to the LED module. Video taken and sent to the supplier as its under a year old

Hi Nick,

If you need any help with assessing it just let me know.

Kind regards,

Dennis

• 1 year later...

I have another issue now, but I thought I would belatedly update on this issue. It turned out the LED engine had failed. The Chinese manufacturer sent a replacement engine and it proved pretty easy to replace and all was fine, although I am really only now getting the kit in use again. Hopefully it will be okay now! I am about to start another thread on a different matter.