Bluetooth wireless headphones recommendations

grantr22

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been experimenting with Bluetooth headphones a little recently. Systems that claim to have unnoticeable latency, may be OK for watching TV at home, but I can certainly hear thing twice when using them at a gig. But, still useful for trouble shooting - useful enough that I've ordered some of those that Gary linked to above - Thanks Gary

I just ordered a pair of the 'too good to be true' headphones too. Just beware that the home pages clearly shows standard shipping at £1.50, but they then charge you £3.00 <_<

I'm not complaining over £1.50 though....

I have found the latency issue to be very unpredictable, I have never tried measuring it but the delay for different kit/makes is all over the place. I have known bluetooth being used for some rear speakers and the latency for that particular system was way too long for the correct delay.

Good find Gary

I ordered a pair of the “reduced to a tenner” headphones. Arrived this morning.

First impressions: Well packaged, quality box.

There’s a velvety “dust bag” inside the box. Good quality, but some marks on it - makes me think maybe these are seconds, or old stock?

Cans themsselves seem OK - reasonable build quality, certainly better than I’d expect for a tenner.

Sound quality - not quite as I’m used to, based on a very quick test - not sure yet whether they’re bass-heavy or treble-light...

But definitely useable.

Came back from London to find my two sets delivered and well packaged.

They are very good quality and initial sound check says they are very useable albeit with a bit of EQ from I-tunes.

They certainly have nice depth and for £10 an absolute bargain compared to the sony's I paid £50 for.

I just ordered a pair of the 'too good to be true' headphones too. Just beware that the home pages clearly shows standard shipping at £1.50, but they then charge you £3.00 http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

Delivery now gone up to £4.00, which is still pretty reasonable (£1.50 can barely have covered their costs).

I just ordered a pair of the 'too good to be true' headphones too. Just beware that the home pages clearly shows standard shipping at £1.50, but they then charge you £3.00 http://www.blue-room.org.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif

Delivery now gone up to £4.00, which is still pretty reasonable (£1.50 can barely have covered their costs).

Probably increased due to Xmas period and privatisation of the post office?

Just ordered two more sets so delivery still £4.

Yes that one control does quite a lot as you can answer phone calls, skip tracks and adjust the volume etc, it rotates and the centre button turns on/off and selects the various functions. Instructions are in English too.

Had a really good listen to them last night and they are amazing quality for £10, OK they are more compressed than my reference sennheiser HD380 but hey it's bluetooth and the codec does that anyway. With the EQ preset on I-tunes I made they are very acceptable for general purpose listening.

Archived