Bluetooth wireless headphones recommendations

grantr22

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm £14 down now thanks to Henson. It's been so long that PayPal will just laugh if I open a dispute. Law doesn't apply to the likes of PayPal, only their own rules....

Classic case of "Too good to be true".

I'm £14 down now thanks to Henson. It's been so long that PayPal will just laugh if I open a dispute. Law doesn't apply to the likes of PayPal, only their own rules....

Classic case of "Too good to be true".

Have yours failed too?

No, they never arrived. I emailed and they replied saying they were going to "look in to it", that was around the start of the New Year. Not heard a dickie-bird since.

Paypal dispute can be opened up to 6 months, it seems....

I shall look in to that.... ;)

EDIT: Just opened a dispute. It must be eBay I was thinking of that cut off communication and deny all responsibility 5 seconds after transactions are complete!!

I have now had contact from the supplier.

They have suggested that if I close the paypal dispute, they will send me a refund.

Sorry, that’s not the way it works. You send me the refund, and THEN I close the dispute.

I have now had contact from the supplier.

They have suggested that if I close the paypal dispute, they will send me a refund.

Sorry, that’s not the way it works. You send me the refund, and THEN I close the dispute.

Funny you should say that.... they are sending me replacements after MyHerpes...sorry MyHermes lost the parcel!

They too have asked that I close the dispute - but I still haven't received anything yet! No, you can bl00dy well wait until the replacements arrive <_<

• 1 month later...

So I was about to chuck out the faulty, one-eared headphones, but thought I’d try to fix them. And found the design fault....

It was the ear with the “active gubbins” that had failed.

So pulled the ear pad off, 4 screws out, and it came apart. And the problem was obvious, broken wire between speaker and pcb. The design fault is that these (short, tinsel) wires fold over when the speaker is fitted, at exactly the same spot as the 2 screws which hold the assembly to the headband. So when the case is tightened up, the fixing screws press against the wire, damaging or breaking it.

The fix was as easy as soldering tinsel wire ever is, then adding extra tape for protection.

It would seem that at £99.99 the price has gone up somewhat if indeed they are "In Stock" and the company is still trading.

http://www.hensonaudio.com/Bluetooth-Headphones/Henson-Audio-H6-Bluetooth-Headphones

Can anyone suggest either an alternative source of the headphones since they are so highly recommended or alternative headphones.

I don't want to spend a fortune as they are for listening primarily to spoken word when commuting.

Anyone used these by JBL

https://www.richersounds.com/headphones/wireless-headphones/jbl-on-ear-mic-wireless-bluetooth-headphones.html

• 5 months later...

So I was about to chuck out the faulty, one-eared headphones, but thought I'd try to fix them. And found the design fault....

It was the ear with the "active gubbins" that had failed.

So pulled the ear pad off, 4 screws out, and it came apart. And the problem was obvious, broken wire between speaker and pcb. The design fault is that these (short, tinsel) wires fold over when the speaker is fitted, at exactly the same spot as the 2 screws which hold the assembly to the headband. So when the case is tightened up, the fixing screws press against the wire, damaging or breaking it.

The fix was as easy as soldering tinsel wire ever is, then adding extra tape for protection.

I bought two pairs of these headphones - and both have suffered this exact same fault within about a week of each other. In the Right earpiece, one of the speaker wires has been severed - and the other one not far off from being broken too. As with Bruce, with some careful soldering with new pieces of 7/0.1 wire and some heatshrink both are back working as new. It's a fairly straightforward fix if you have a fine soldering bit - and looking back through this thread it seems there have been a few "one earpiece dead" reports. So if yours have bust in this way, take a look!

Kevin

Archived