Flying two speakers from one truss stand

lonfire

Hi,

I own a set of 4x Yamaha DXR10 speakers and 4x mobiltech AlpTek45 windup stands. What I would like to do is fly two DXR10s from a single stand. I would rather not have to bring 4 stands and put a piece of truss between two stands to fly 2 speakers from per side. If possible I would like some kind of t bar which has appropriate fixings to fly 2 speakers from (one either side). I've seen something similar where they have the t-bar with another smaller bar bolted on either side to allow the angle of the speakers to be adjusted but I think they were custom made.

If there isn't a proper solution to this then I will rethink but thought I'd ask the question.

I have looked at various options including the yamaha u brackets, just want to see how others suggest this is achieved properly.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Chris

you will want something like this

http://cdns3.gear4music.com/media/13/130034/1200/preview.jpg (twin speaker stand) it fits on a normal speaker stand top

The only drawback with those is that they won't allow for any downtilt, which the OP seems to be asking for.

Also the stands will go to a max height of 4.7m so downtilt will almost certainly be desirable.

Details and specs here

Using a T-bar and yokes would allow for this but is going to be more expensive.

you will want something like this

http://cdns3.gear4music.com/media/13/130034/1200/preview.jpg (twin speaker stand) it fits on a normal speaker stand top

Thanks, yeah I've already looked at this and as others have said I wont be able to angle them down enough.

I think the only solution is to get 4x Yamaha brackets, 4x half couplers, get a top for the stands that takes a scaff bar and do it that way. I was hoping to avoid the yamaha brackets as they are around £100 each! but that seems to be the best way of doing it.

Thanks

Regards

Chris

Archived