moving LED's

the kid

It's my First Post so I'll introduce myself.

I'm with Fine Art, a new brand of intelligent lighting in the UK.

As I don't really want to get barred on my first post please PM if your interested in LED Movers.

http://www.bellplace.co.uk/images/fineled.jpg

Regards,

Robert Owen

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PM sent.

What an exciting time in lighting... especially as LED fixtures get brighter and cheaper.

The death of archaic heavy, hot and inefficient fixtures with primitive gels/colorwheels/etc and their short-lived and fragile bulbs is certainly welcome here!

• 1 month later...
7 x 30w high power leds

Really? 30W LED's? I thought highest power was currently approx 11W

Lamp Shutdown or Re-Strike via DMX

:)

Sorry - inexcusably pedantic of me!

We are what we are, and some of us are still learning about the constant advances in lighting technology. The stuuf I am Toplite stuff Im talking about can be previewed at their site www.toplite.com, I'm just relating what Ive been told. When these Wash C units come out I will be buying some immediately so I can get back and tell you all about them.

What concerned me was the manufacturer wrote these things. When they claim high power LED's and then mention lamp shutdown/restrike via DMX I have doubts as to their competence & products. If I were looking at these I would be asking them serious questions before I considered.

Yep it was the eye colour and droplet. Both look argos style. Has anyone used them?

Hi, just a note, we used to distribute the Xilver range and im sorry to say that the company has disappeared and did do over a year ago now, its a shame as the products were very good and very well made.

we also now distribute the Toplite range if anyone has any questions

Ben

Guest lightnix
The Xilver website appears to be a ghost site, last updated early last year, sad, very innovative company.

I heard late last year, from an independent source, that Xilver is no more (at least not in it's original form). It was a bold and innovative product, but I believe the backers pulled out in the end :blink:

Being first to market with anything can often be a bugbear and it's all too easy to wind up being a stepping stone for those who come after, unfortunately.

Archived