moving LED's

the kid

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to bump my own thread earlier this week but didn't.

I have seen 2 shows this week (Avenue Q and some cheap game show thing) where they have used what looks like a LED wash mover BUT they are the size of a normal mover.

Anyone come across any bigger moving LED lights?

I have seen 2 shows this week (Avenue Q and some cheap game show thing) where they have used what looks like a LED wash mover BUT they are the size of a normal mover.
Sounds like you saw some VL2k wash's.. the lens when there's lighting coming out of it does look rather LED like, but unfortunatly theyre not LED.. Wonder how long it'll be before VL get into the LED market! :huh:

The biggest unit ive seen with LEDs in is the iWash LED by Coemar. Its a one arm job, but from memory the heads a fair bit bigger than the Robe one/more LED's.

Tom

Kinda found an image showing the lens.

http://www.candela.be/uploads/afbeeldingen/candela_be/vari2.jpg

You can sort of see the lens. Though just to say, its the new version of the VL2k wash, the 2500 I think they call it.. <_<

Basically its looks like a honey comb of sorts and that in combination with the high colour temp' makes it look very LED like. Other reason I though VL2k was it was the only fixture I could think of that would be used in the west end fitting the description given!

Tom

I was looking through back issues of L&S at work experiance, and saw some really small LED movers.(I'll edit in when I've found them 2 sorts I saw)

Has anyone seen them/used them?

Have you seen the one they are introducing at Toplite? There's spec on the site www.toplite.com. I was talking to the UK & I distributor and they are supposed to be very affordable.

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary.

Aaron Rose

the best led mover ive come across, is the chauvet q wash led, check it out on the chauvetlighting.com site, we have one on demo in the warehouse and the 1w leds make a big difference, thumbs up to chauvet its quite pro!

if anyone is in the maidstone area and wants to have a go on one pm me

Chauvet being pro.... times are changing.

Actually times are, the new ranges are fantastic, we have their movers in hire stock ( 5000 and 6000) we have had a zero failiure rate, they have gone on longer than the likes of martin in hire and install applications so a big thumbs up to Chauvet!

They know they need to do a lot of hard work to bring their rep up a little, but we fully support them! great products!

• 2 weeks later...
Chauvet being pro.... times are changing.

Youre right there! To my mind the chauvet stuff is still weak, big, heavy, ugly and not so cheap as it should be. The toplite stuff is beautiful and if the led unit is anything like the high intensity discharge unit (they call them Merlin CR) they will be fab too. According to the rep the led wash is even higher spec than it was reported. 12 channel, 7200 lumen, 7 x 30w high power leds = 1.2million colors, 520° Pan: 245° tilt, Sound-Active, Stand-Alone, Master/Slave, DMX. Remote Home/Reset and Lamp Shutdown or Re-Strike via DMX. Self-test, Electronic Auto 18 or 60 degree zoom. And all of this in a 4.2kg 250mmx250mmx250mm unit. Please!

Archived