LED strings / fairy lights

gareth

Looking to source some strings of LED lights - fairy light style, *not* tape. Spacing is immaterial at the moment. There's no shortage of sets which do all sorts of twinkly, flashy fancy stuff, but it seems to be much harder to find a plain and simple string of LEDs which just light up and stay lit up. I'm off to give Ebay and Google a thrashing in a minute - but can anyone point me towards any good suppliers for this sort of thing? May eventually be looking at at least a couple of hundred metres of the stuff.

Thanks.

Hi Gareth, I have used these people before and they have a good range at decent prices, and a website that does not hurt your brain:

http://www.lights4fun.co.uk

I am not sure though if its possible to get set that is just on and does not have a controller giving you a hundred useless presets. Do let us know if you find one.

TLC Direct

I've got several hundred metres of the 9m and 18m warm white strings plus a few splitters and extensions from this range. They're fairly tough and seem to be somewhat more weatherproof than most. I think these are the same as Essential Supplies sell to all the marquee companies but at a better price.

Third vote for Lights4Fun. Their 24v connectable stuff is dimmable on a standard dimmer with a load lamp. They also do an inline twinkle unit that is quite useful for hose moments when you do want decent fairy lights that twinkle.

Archived