Fold back presenter screen (Teleprompter)

Hi -

I am after a solution that will enable a moderator to send messages to a presenter onstage. The presenter gets these messages via a fold back monitor screen mounted on the floor. Perhaps like a teleprompter or get the messages delivered to them to an iPad.

Does anybody have any recommendations of software/apps?

7" monitors are cheap on CPC or eBay and there are VGA ones but no idea how good.

The simplest could be a video camera set up as a rostrum so a handwritten note fits and is quickly relayed up to the lecturn.

Next is maybe a cat 5 VGA from a power point ?

Obviously a larger monitor is easier to read but harder to hide.

7" monitors are cheap on CPC or eBay and there are VGA ones but no idea how good.

The simplest could be a video camera set up as a rostrum so a handwritten note fits and is quickly relayed up to the lecturn.

Next is maybe a cat 5 VGA from a power point ?

Obviously a larger monitor is easier to read but harder to hide.

Thanks Dave,

Sorry want clear.....!

Wanting to know if anybody knows of any software/apps that can do this.

So for example will have a laptop connected to a floor mounted 40" LED screen for the presenter to see. I am after a peace of software or app that will allow us to type in on the laptop messages and for them to appear on the presenters LED screen full screen so they can read off it - Much like an auto cue!

And/Or

Do the same thing but the messages appear on a iPad which the presenter is holding.

There are many freeware packages and applications that have a message window as part of a speaker timing package. There is a tread on here somewhere or GOOGLE Presenter Timing down load a few and find the one that fits best for you.

http://www.thoughtsonchristianliving.org/countdown-timer.html

was one I found - no particular endorsement

We use Powerpoint to send messages to our comfort monitors. Often we'll have them fed via a matrix so they can be used for main screen repeaters unless a message or clock is needed on them.

Renewed Vision's ProPresenter 5 will run a discrete presenter view. Though designed more for Churches and running better on Mac (as it was then ported to windows), it might help cover your requirements. It will also send the feed to an iPad I believe. It's been a while since I've used it personally though. In the corporate events most of the time it tends to be a separate laptop feeding the DSM either via a switch or directly.

Archived