HELP! LED Parcan Confusing Red and Blue

James Aleksic

Hello,

I have an LED Parcan (cheap little thing, cost me around £35), and it seems to have confused red and blue.

I am controlling it via DMX, and when I tell it to go red, it goes blue, and when it tell it to go blue, it goes red. The green works fine, as does the channel controlling dimming / strobe. The channels seem to be working fine, but just not in the right order! It is a 4 channel fixture, with the channels being Red, Green, Blue and Dimmer/Strobe, but it seems to think it is Blue/Green/Red/Dim.

Just wondering if anybody else had ever had the same issue, or had any ideas about how to fix it!

Thanks in advance!

It's for a Christmas light show, so I am running Vixen 3 on a Windows 8 PC, with an Enttec Open DMX interface. I have 3 other led parcans which are all working correctly. It seems that changing the profile on the PC to BGRD makes the light work as planned, so I'm now really confused as to what the light is doing!

I have the same problem with some cheap par cans I own running a chauvet obey 3 desk (if you can call it a desk) The faders don't match up with the par can at all other than green I think. I think its just something to do with cheap parcans more than to do with the desks. Mine doesnt even have 9 dipswitch's but instead have 8 so DMXing is a little interesting.

It is probably a mixup of the wires. If you look at PAR64 LED Wiring you will see a small white plug with wires going to it. These wires can be put in the wrong order. On the back of the plug are small slots, where the tab of the plug insert springs out to lock the insert and wire into place. Take a picture of the wires before you start, as a reference. Using a small jewellers screwdriver, push the tab down while carefully pulling the wire out. Do this for the red and blue wires. Carefully bend the tab back out away from the insert so it can act as a holding tab again, then push the inserts into their correct slot.

Although this is low voltage wiring and you will do this with the power off, do not open up the LED Par can unless you are competent and confident to do so.

Or you can cut and rejoin the two wires that need swapping using a tag block or connector.

I've got some unbranded LED kit that's basically the same as some cheap branded units, except that whereas the 'branded' ones use 4 channels on R/G/B/intensity the unbranded ones go intensity/B/G/R - my guess is that someone has just read the channel list from right to left...

Archived