Cue lights

bibdybopdramaclub

Two table lamps: one with a red lamp, one with a green lamp?

Or, can you still get those children's torches with the internal swappable colour filter?

Seriously though: if you can't solder and you aren't confident with anything 'electrics' then you are a bit stuck.

Time to find someone who can and is.

This MUST be a wind up. 2m instead of 20m? That's a daft mistake that surely nobody could get wrong.

Anyway - you have your circuit, using a handful of components, any old twin core cable - so you have your answer. Find a boy scout or 14 year old GCSE student who can solder it up for you - or even use block connectors and do it yourself, and you are done.

terminal block

http://www.livingincambodiaforums.com/ipb/uploads/monthly_10_2013/post-1-0-13087300-1383055815.jpg

is fine for connecting LEDs and resistors , components with leads, switches can be harder unless wind and tape connections on to them.

Alternative switch making method:

http://www.ikatbag.com/2009/03/how-to-make-cardboard-switch.html

Drawing pins in a bit of wood work as well.

I don't know about GCSE but my 6 year old has done simple circuits at school. (Actually, she covered it last year in year 1). She knows how a battery, a lamp and a switch need to be connected and she can draw a schematic of it.

I'd suggest the original poster asks a science or electronics teacher at their school. This is basic stuff. If you really dont have this level of knowledge then you really need someone who can walk you through it in person , I feel.

and mods... time to close the topic? I think the op is winding us all up, and any further replies won't help but will degenerate the subject any further. ..

Archived