Scaffolding Clamps

LaurieG

Hello! First time on here so hoping I'm posting in the right place!

I have standard scaff poles that I need to attached doors to. Any ideas on the sort of clips/hinges that I need so that the doors can open 180 degrees?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the Blue Room.

Before anyone can answer effectively I'd suggest you give us a bit more information and background.

Are these doors part of a stage set/studio backlot?

Or part of a security fencing arrangement backstage at a festival?

Or something else...?

Thanks for the replies.

They will form part of a stage set. A frame has been made out of scaff poles and connectors, effectively like two toilet cubicles. We need to attach doors made of a wooden frame and canvas cover to these scaff...

Thanks

Get some 180 degree door hinges (maybe Parliament Hinges?), a 9/64 drill bit and some self tapping screws and screw the hinges to the scaff pipe. The hinges would have to go on the 'front' face of the scaff to get 180 degrees opening.

Better than cable ties are 2X2 timber held in place by "transom couplers" though experienced scaffs know them better as "minge clips". Don't ask, there are youngsters here.

Scaffold outrigger couplers could be used to bolt timber onto or get a friendly welder to bodge something up with the two halves of a "swivel coupler" sawn apart.

Kee Klamp have various swivel sockets HERE

See I tried to get some minge clips a while back and no one had them. They all had half minge, or pigs ears. BEST conversation in an office of people who have NO idea what you are talking about.

I would go for something like the c50 or MH50 from KEE Klamp however I found them to be a bit on the expensive side, there is also KEE clamp KEE safety and I think KEE engineering. they all do the same stuff but different numbers and different prices

Not a good idea to be drilling into scaff bar, especially if belongs to someone else. How about some tee hinges and jubilee clips?

Obviously if the scaff isn't yours or it is going to be used for building a tower afterwards then drilling holes in it may not be wise. However, if we call it steel tube with a 48.3mm OD instead of scaff then why is drilling into it any different to drilling into any other type of steel stock?

Scaff tube is not that expensive. If you want to drill into tube, just buy some, it won't break the bank.

It is cheap to the point that when we need a set length of scaff, instead of measuring every pipe in our pile to see if we have one the right size, we just grab one that looks about right and cut to length - as the cost of a guy looking through the pile for an hour or so is more than the pipe is worth. When we start to run out of long lengths, we just buy a bundle more.

Archived