Lighting desk recommendations

Thirdtap

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right, now to get hold of a few motors, a dimmer set and a sacrificial tea set...

from the looks of things, we can make a fairly good cup with only a lowly sirius 48 :o

- how did this develop from the original post? oh, I see - it was my fault in the first place- sorry.

:(

hehe - the tricks we can pull on the performers when a cup of tea is magically made before the interval - wonder what they will od when they see it?

Yes but who gets to action the "standby Tea" cue,

I suppose you could give a standby call 10min before the interval, and automaticaly calculate how much water/tea/time you need depending on how many replys you get?

James

I think it should be in the bible and then the DSM can call it - the kit can be set before with all of the bits ready. easy when set up. :o

if it is a long run, then everyone can have a cup and then all the rest will follow

sorted I think.

bye

andrew

I know it would be quite fun to set up some kind of bodge from all the ideas on the board, but why not go for the easier option of just plugging an old teasmaid into a switch circuit, and powering that on at the appropriate time?

Or just phone the bar and get them to make a pot just before the interval. :o

:o WHAT, <splutter> you mean not go for an advanced (complicated) intigrated (overspeced) reliable (occasionaly works) system when a cheep simple no-tech one would work just a well

Naah

Next you will be saying that shakespear would have stood for having his plays performed unlit outdoors

It'l never catch on.

nice idea hippy, I wonder if we can spare the dimmer channel to intsall it.

anyway, where's the fun in using a teasmaid? with all those silent bits without any visible moving parts?- never!

if only I had the time I would make up an edition for the PLASA show, though it would be good to see what ne1 else comes out with.

- a teasmaid only makes 2? cups at a time - this net could make as many as needed; use a water urn to heat and dispense it and the mx motors to make the rest. ooh so many parts to go wrong... yup , the teasmaid wins.

nice idea though.

Archived