Strand Prelude iec connectors

ojc123

I'm not sure if these are suitable for use with our Preludes. Can someone confirm it for me. I'm concerned about temperature in particular. If it's not good enough then please can you post a link to something more suitable. It's to replace a couple of cracked connectors which have failed PAT.

Responses will be weighed not counted.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if these are suitable for use with our Preludes.

They're standard high-temperature IEC connectors rated to 155C. I don't believe preludes used anything with a higher rating. My only memory is that the Strand connectors had some sort of notch for the fiddly retaining clip to hold the connector in.

I have no idea if you can still get original spares for these.

Our Preludes use plugs and sockets made from what appears to be Bakelite. Not sure if the temperature rating on these is any higher than the ones you've linked to. Whenever we've needed spares, we've always got genuine new Strand parts from usedlighting.

We use those connectors on our Cans, but, they were made up with a silicone rubber lead:

Supply voltage 230 volts or 240 volts 50/60 Hz

Max Lamp watts 1200W

Lamp Type/Base T29 1200W GX9.5 base T19 1000W GX9.5 base.

Cable/Connection 1.5m toughened silicone rubber detachable power cable terminating in

CEE22 angled power connection for connection to luminaire. (15A or

Schuko plug shall be specified.) Conductors 3 x 1.5mm2.

Designed to conform with EN 60 598 2-17.

It may be a shrewd notion to check out the cable too. It says it is toughened, but, having refixed a 15A plug to a Can lead this very afternoon the cable sheath is not very "strong" at all.

Edit: typo

• 4 years later...

A few months ago I made up a lead for a strand lantern using one of the above connectors (http://cpc.farnell.com/CN12070). I'm inspecting the whole stock today and realise how flimsy the connector is- the plastic bends to the point where it could probably be snapped open- one screw just doesn't seem to hold the thing shut very well. Has anybody else had this issue, and are there alternatives still available?

Thanks

Or treat them as consumables and use an epoxy adhesive to strengthen them. Check the temperature rating of what you use, as araldite super strength states "Bond strength weakens above 100°C but strength is regained when temperature drops"

Either of those suggestions might help, but I'd sooner have a connector that's right in the first place, particularly as it will make inspection much easier. Is anyone aware of a UK stockist of the Schurter equivalent, 4310.0010 ?

Either of those suggestions might help, but I'd sooner have a connector that's right in the first place, particularly as it will make inspection much easier. Is anyone aware of a UK stockist of the Schurter equivalent, 4310.0010 ?

We have them at AC. Mail me on peter.nesbitt@ac-et.com

Archived