Line 6 Digital Wireless Systems

boswell

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need one of the new V75 units to do the upgrade. Upgrading the receivers involves just connecting the V75 to the older unit with a jack lead and running some software on your computer that connects with the V75 via USB.

Upgrading the transmitters is done wirelessly. There's full documentation on Line6's website.

Hi dboomer,

So just to confirm, I can have an upgrade done to my existing v70's that will give me

How do I go about getting this done, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

You have to either buy a V75 receiver (not free) or persuade a dealer to lend you one (little chance of that)

Line 6 could could lend out a receiver (if there is any in the UK) for the upgrade, I'd be happy to pay postage both ways.

Instead of pratting about with minor firmware changes, I would have been more impressed if they had attended to things that really matter and affect the useabillity of the kit, eg battery doors/catches, TA4M locking, UK service & spares availability.

boswell,

I have 5, 3 with faint displays, two (purchased later) with spot on displays, although one of which keeps its backlight on even after you've switched it off on the front, and we ain't talking capacitor discharge, it just stays on until you unplug it!!

I tried to raise the faint displays on the Line 6 support forum, but the post magically disappeared!

Its a good job they work as microphones, been faultless in that respect.

So how much are these v75 receivers. Surely if there was a little box that was £20 that did this same job it might make more sense. Better still it could be done with software making it free perhaps?

Surely this is like having a computer with 2gb of ram, wanting 4gb so buying another computer to take some ram from it.

Why would these unfortunate people have to buy another receiver that they don't have a transmitter for so is of little use?

Rob

I eventually took the leap of faith and have purchased (well, me employer) 12 lapel systems. The are the new XD-V75 units.

I had one DOA (dodgy on arrival) that is currently being swapped out. The others I've got racked up ready to go.

First show is in 4 weeks so fingers crossed!

I'll report back after the show.

BTW I got the version with the lapel, although for the up-coming show we will want headsets. As the headset version is more expensive, and we are working with kiddies, I'm going to be using the £40 CPC jobbies that I've used previously with Trantec kit. Although I will have to buy a new set 'cos the plugs are different!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can get replacement clips for the lavalier mics? From line6 website they only seem to be available in the US, and none of the UK sites that sell line 6 stuff (that I have looked at) seem to sell them.

I've emailed Line6, but had no reply.

Just swap the plugs on the headsets from the trantec kit

You could have also bought the version with no mic included at all and saved some dosh.<_<

Firstly I can't be bovered! :** laughs out loud **: :** laughs out loud **:

Secondly, during March we have two musicals, one straight after the other both requiring headset radio systems, they over lap so can't move one system between the two (2 locations) :blink: So... one musical uses the Trantec kit while OFCOM graciously allow us to, the other the new Line6 kit. :D

This coming Saturday is the first rehearsal of 'Annie' where we will hit the ground running with the Line 6 kit. I've not had opportunity to rig the system up for a play, other than testing the individual systems while racking them up.

Fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes all crossed! :** laughs out loud **:

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the XD-V75's:

Done the first show with 12 channels of Line 6 XD-V75 body packs with 40quid CPC headsets.

No problemo! :D

Very happy with the result.

1: Sound

The sound is as good as the attached mic can produce. Didn't suffer any distortion, but that probably just means the sensitivity of the packs is well within range of what was going in....

2: RF

Interesting one. The system actually is more sensitive to outside interference than you may expect - but from wifi. I have a smart phone with wifi switched on, when it was sat on top of the radio mic rack there were all sorts of drop -outs, even when the tx pack was next to the receiver. Moving the phone a few yards away and problem seemed to go away.

However during the performances, one channed was borderline dropping out, regardless of stage position, but then there was no guarentee that there wasn't a smart phone near the rack, as it was inches away from the back row :unsure:

It's worth mentioning that I only used two paddles (360s) for 12 receivers, although there is conflicting suggestions that it should be up to six per pair of paddles.

Furthest distance from the packs when on stage was around 12m or so and the signal was excellent, occasionally dropping a LED as they moved around.

3: Battery life

I used Energizer industrial. Definately good for two shows giving a good six hours total, the lowest drop was to two LEDS (out of five) on the receivers, so probably had a good three or more hours if chanced.

Overall very happy. :D

Archived