Line 6 Digital Wireless Systems

boswell

Ironically, somebody wrecked a handheld yesterday, exactly the same as the example I posted in October last year. I'll trust to fix it again today but the fixed price repair might be the solution, this one looks a bit terminal!

One of those clairvoyant shows, and the noise of a mic hitting the floor then rolling into another row is quite interesting. One woman insisted on talking into the wrong end too!

EDIT

Bit of a mess this time, the small circular pcb in the picture above loose - the central boss that secures the batt/TX unit to the mic snapped off, the pcb DC cables snapped, the small cover over the display that locates on a metal stub to keep it in broken, and the ribbon cable twisted up. This suggests to me that dropping it, rather than the previous example where over zealous tightening caused the problem, was the culprit. Snapping the plastic boss, lets the end dangle and snaps the cables off as there's hardly any slack. Bummer!

Still - I balanced the repair cost against epoxy, and some soldering - and the epoxy won. Repair cost £1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived