Led movers

paulears

I took a look at the LED movers at the Showtec stand and they did seem to have a reasonable output, certainly far better than the LED par offerings we've been seeing the for past year or two. I thought they'd be quite useable in the right situations, I'll think more carefully about LED when I next invest in movers.

That would be interesting Brian. I wanted to look at the leds, so opened the fader to the first level, and this was lookable at - the second upwards as the fade in continued were too bright. It was also a different shape to everything else, more like vari*lite in design. I must admit that I found this more interesting than many of the other items of kit which get more and more similar to each other every year. The only thing I found a bit odd was the two gobo wheels. They do appear to be physically distant from each other because I couldn't get both to be in acceptable focus together - so the nice interference pattern type effects were a bit difficult. Optics wise, even with the LEDs physically separate the gobo focus was pretty sharp. Worth a fiddle with.

I saw this too and was as well impressed although the Mac 401 Dual caught my eye. (Probably because it was so big), but also the VLX. That was very good. Really enjoyed the "see-through" version of that so that you could see the internals working.

They had the Indigo 250 LED at PLASA which I think is the one Paul's talking about above... very impressive little fixture particularly for the cost and lamp life B-) .. there was a few things on the Showtec stand which surprised me in terms of quality and performance.

I couldn't figure out the hopeless desk they had attached :) Moved on.

Yep - at the very least they should include labelling showing which channel controls what ;)

It didn't seem to dim terribly smoothly at the lower end, but still better than many LED fixtures I've played with before....

Slowly they seem to be getting to the stage that they'd be useful in a theatre environment (at least in the smaller ones I work in) - the quietness is certainly very appealing ... compared to my slowly ageing Clay Paky and Martin fixtures anyway

I have to say I was exceptionally impressed by the VLX.

Equivalent light output to a 700W Arc source from 7 LED chip sets. Really packs one hell of a punch. Also no colour shadowing that you often get from LED sources such as the impression or A7. Also like the fat that you can actually vary the colour temperature of the white - so trying to create tungsten from RGBW/A you can actually just put it straight to 3200K

Another nice gimmick was the USB port so if you have a problem you can plug in a memory stick, download the diagnostics and email it to Vari*lite

Really enjoyed the "see-through" version of that so that you could see the internals working.

They have had so much interest in this it's actually going to become available to buy to cover as an add on!

Really enjoyed the "see-through" version of that so that you could see the internals working.

They have had so much interest in this it's actually going to become available to buy to cover as an add on!

It might have been interesting, but it is blooming ugly when see through. Prefer black.

I did see on one stand, either the Clay Paky or the Robe stand, a CHROME mover! Seriously ugly.

Equivalent light output to a 700W Arc source from 7 LED chip sets. Really packs one hell of a punch.

If they run it at full power, but the clear one was in `low power silent mode` was told....

The Indigo 250 uses white LEDs and a colour wheel ,does a really poor red an excellent blue and did seem really respectably bright , it uses 27 5W LEDs , 135W of LED power in an unusual curved heatsink assembly, optics to compensate probably affects the imaging issue Paul mentioned with gobos, somone buy Showtec some tape and sharpies...

Thomann are listing it at 1295.99 GBP

http://www.thomann.de/gb/showtec_indigo_250_led.htm

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

It might have been interesting, but it is blooming ugly when see through. Prefer black.

Needs some LED fans ;-)

Archived