Positioning of lights in Schools

Jambo_UK

Jambo,

Can't help noticing that your 264's are upside-down - which makes me concerned for gobo holders and gell holders falling out.

I wouldn't class those as T bars as a T bar normaly looks like a T. and is only supported as a single point. :rolleyes:

Those just look like standard FOH lighting bars to me and they are supported at 7 points.

James

http://www.exeter.ac.uk/drama/strand/lanterns/p264a.jpg

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nope - doesnt allow hotlinking.

With IE - goto the crawleyexplorerscout's site and then navagate out to the pic - though it's a huge pain.

It's a shame as there are so many nicer ISP's out there.

Try waitrose.com for one.

James

You know I have never noticed that before, I will have to use that next time I want a rant with the head of department for Drama.

As for safety chains I currently do not know if there are any on them, guess there should be I will have to check, I have only just started to get included in helping with the teching.

As for the house lights they have caused problems but they were put in before the school got its art sorted out before that they just left the bars empty and used two lower bars which is shown in the corner of the pic. But to be honest I hate them!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the advice,

One quick question where can I find out what type of light is what, because I hear you say 226's and 325's but what are they, is there a site about them?

Thanks again

from

Jambo

One quick question where can I find out what type of light is what, because I hear you say 226's and 325's but what are they, is there a site about them?

For the older Strand models, a great site is the Strand Archive. Looking at your photo, I'd suggest you make Patt.264, Patt.743 and Harmony F the first things you look up. :rolleyes:

Looks to me that they are safetied, at least yoke to bar anyway.

The image is slightly out of focus though, so I could be wrong.

Very strange way of powering them though - sockets in the ceiling!

I'd be more worried about the bar held up by two 'double' hook clamps (given how little load they're good for) and 'safetied' with two old lantern safety chains. Hello, LOLER?

I don't think that LOLER will apply to this situation as there is no element of raising or lowering involved. I've just bought a copy and it's quite defined in it's scope. The installation would still be covered by the general HSWA requirements and it may be advised to adobt the approach of LOLER to prove best practice.

I found out 2day that all the lights on the bars are safety chained, as for you comments on the side bars they use three clamps with I think four safety chains and the most load they have on it is an upside down 264s :rolleyes: ** laughs out loud **

Thans for the advice I will be looking at the Strand Site in the couple of days, Whats this LOLER? You are talking about robloxley and Brian.

As for the sockets in the ceiling I think this is a great idea for the school, the sockets lead to the dimmer packs in the room next to the hall, each socket has a plug on the end and when they are needed you call don the number on the socket and find the matching plug, great fun :huh:,

from

Jambo

Archived