CPC budget headset mics

Lamplighter

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Have just got a couple of the MP33750 Pro-Signal lavalier mic's, have only tried them directly into a sound desk (not through radio mic tx/rx system), they appear to have a decent enough response but with an awful lot of hiss and noise in the background. Has anyone had any similar problems with these mic heads or have they been fine when used with radio mic beltpacks?

Cheers,

Peter

They need power! 1.5-9V,

plugged direct into the desk will not work unless you put phantom power on them, but as thats usualy around 50v, they may smoke a bit, so I would not recommend it!

They work fine on a radio belt pack (the belt pack supplies the power) or I've used them with a single AA cell as an energising supply and then into the desk (with the desk phantom off)

• 1 month later...

I have just looked on the CPC site and it seems that the original budget Mic's described in this thread are no longer listed. Can anyone recommend anything similar that wont break the bank. I was thinking of trying some for a production of "Little Shop" in July.

Cheers

Garry

Archived